MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I received an email today from an old contact friend in Italy, who I used to buy rare MV parts from, back in the good old days.

My friend did some serious club racing on a specially prepared F4 with help from his contacts at the factory.

He hasn’t raced for some years and is selling off quite a lot of his race parts stock.

He’s offered me a complete induction Torque Shift System, which includes all the intake mechanism and manifold, wiring harness and ECU (it also comes with a separate PC with a custom map installed, but you might want to get your own custom map uploaded).

The Torque Shift System (TSS) is based on variable intake manifold geometry. This provides immediate engine response from low revs and maximum torque at about 1,000-rpm lower than on the standard F4 1000 models.

This system has only been used for half a season (approx 7 races in total) and was brought brand new from the factory.. It’s all complete and is in apparently perfect working order.

I haven’t seen this system in my hands, but I will say I trust my friend 100% what he is telling me is spot on, otherwise I wouldn’t be posting this thread.

This is a rare opportunity to buy one of these systems and it’s the same unit that is used on the Tamburini, F4CC and Veltro models ..

This kit is no good for the 750cc models, otherwise I would have had it for myself.

He is asking 600 Euros for the complete kit plus shipping from Italy..

I’ve only ever seen one of these kits come up for sale once before, which didn’t include the wiring harness and was bundles of money.. So grab yourself a bargain.

He’s also go a brand new cylinder barrel and race Omega piston set for sale.. This set is Blue Printed and comes with a certificate and technical drawing from Omega..

Sale price is 1000 Euros..

He also has a set of brand new and used CP Carrillo Rods for the F4 1000 models, but don’t ask the sale price..

If you need anymore info, please feel free to email me and I’ll do my best to find out the answers.

Please note these prices are in Euros and not GBP… All the parts are based in Italy at the moment..

Repeat.. I haven't seen this stuff, but I can vouch for my friend, and I stand by his word..

I wasn't the only one to receive this email notification, so these parts might be for sale somewhere else.. I thought I put them for sale on here, so you guys also get the heads up on this offer..

Cheers
J

·
Super Moderator
7,375 Posts
Hi John.
Very special opportunity indeed.
The effect of a TSS on an F4 is that 6th gear acceleration feels like 5th gear acceleration on a standard F4. You do notice a difference.
Please note that the TSS requires an airbox designed for a Veltro, Tamburini or F4CC. The four holes at the bottom of a standard airbox are replaced with a large single hole that is like a trapezoid with curved edges.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dave

You still getting over your Birthday spree..:)

That's correct about the airbox on the Tambo and I sold one several years ago to Steve here in the UK..

Here is the link for the listing which shows some pic of the airbox..

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20337&highlight=tamburini+airbox

I think my mate also has a carbon Veltro airbox for this TTS system, but it's the factory race bike version from MV Corse and it won't have the ignition key recess used for the road bikes models..

I don't know actually what he has for sale apart from these two items he listed in his email...

J

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Cool! F1 technology in a motorcycle!!

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn it. Can I be second in line?
King00... Best I can offer is forth in line :).. I'm just waiting on my friend Pierre to come back to me with a shipping quote and how he wants payment, and then I'll know if the first buyer can complete on the deal..

Watch this space...

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys...

The TSS system has been sold by the owner and is no longer available.. Cheers guys for all your interest...

If anything else comes up for sale off this race bike, I'll try and give you guys the heads up.

Cheers

J

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts