MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Now you've done it Griff. Carl, Lee, Ade, and Dave will be fighting over this little ringy ding.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Those things are great. That is the exact bike (well, maybe a slightly newer one but not by much) where I did the minibike school with Shuhei Aoyama (Hiroshi's younger brother). Very fun. you think you are quick on it and then you see what real professionals can do when they race each other around a small track and Wow.....

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has been the Saturday morning terror of my neighborhood, it certainly is a blast for a small bike. If someone here buys it, I'll clean the carb for them, otherwise, the new owner can do it.

I might be making room for a 3 cylinder....:naughty:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
holy macaroni with cheese griff
thats sooooo cool
and as always perfect photos too
hope someone here takes it

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
This has been the Saturday morning terror of my neighborhood, it certainly is a blast for a small bike. If someone here buys it, I'll clean the carb for them, otherwise, the new owner can do it.

I might be making room for a 3 cylinder....:naughty:

Griff
twoeleven
F3?

Dangit, if you had put this up in Jan, I wouldn't be on a 250 Suzi.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shucks! Maybe I'll have to do that carb job afterall. Lol. I honestly set out to do it on Sunday, but instead I just ended up riding around my neighborhood on it because it was such a perfect day and I didn't want to get gas on my hands before watching WSB.

THANKS for the bid, skid.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Well, Im high bidder. Now lets get some people to outbid me :D
Well, I'm not an ebayer, but I'll give a grand..........but you have to bring it to me in the fall at Bub3. I'll pay shipping too. :)

But wait......that would make me a two stroke guy, right? I'm not sure which is worse, being a F4 weenie, or a two stroker.......:stickpoke

Well, we'll keep it our secret........I'm in for a grand. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just had to bid $1100 because I don't want it to wind up as an overgrown piece of "Garden Art", or a two-stroke hitching post for some miniature mules or something at the Randarosa.

And really I expected Randy's comment to be a wise crack about me not wanting to my hands all gassy before watching motorcycle racing...that didn't quite read right and thought it would be a lay up! :jerkoff:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Well I just had to bid $1100 because I don't want it to wind up as an overgrown piece of "Garden Art", or a two-stroke hitching post for some miniature mules or something at the Randarosa.

And really I expected Randy's comment to be a wise crack about me not wanting to my hands all gassy before watching motorcycle racing...that didn't quite read right and thought it would be a lay up! :jerkoff:

Griff
twoeleven
OK, so let me get this straight........you're upping my bid..... on your own scoot..... with your own money? Do I have that right? :) OK, sold........send me a check for $1100, and I'll let you keep the scoot.

I already have a fine 49cc machine in my stable......My Ruckus :naughty: (with 860 miles on it.....back and forth to the mailbox)

Kidding aside, I like your bike. It has gravitas in my book.

I could always wear a dark tint shield so that none of my Harley buds would recognize me ringy dinging to the local Starbucks......Look at the picture on the cover of the owner's manual......

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Guess I had better get busy with my YSR50 restoration....it kicks that Honda's ass. Randy, we'll have a race at Bubba III.

This is the US model.... I have a domestic Japanese version without the hideous DOT turn signals and tail light.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Guess I had better get busy with my YSR50 restoration....it kicks that Honda's ass. Randy, we'll have a race at Bubba III.

This is the US model.... I have a domestic Japanese version without the hideous DOT turn signals and tail light.
Never gonna race you Ed. As I've said before.......you can beat me with your bike, then take my bike and beat me with it. Racing against you is kinda like bringing a gun to a knife fight. (see my thread on my bank in the Kitchen Sink):)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Dahamn Matthew, you're afflicted, right Bubba? :)

What do these little guys ride like? What's their top speed with a 200lb. rider? I'm guessing 50mph rung to the max? Can normal sized humans fit?

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Check mine out...I have the R6 bodywork but these are my track fairings That is a brand new tank from Yamaha, braced swingarm, powder coated frame, and a completely built Team Calamari bullet, exhaust, and second front fork spring and some other goodies like my Works rear shock. Not a looker yet, but the underneath stuff is all there.

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/twoeleven/1987ysr50rebuildproject/

I love smokers! Don't underestimate that NS, very capable bike and much easier to ride.

Griff
Twoeleven

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Only mini I've ridden was a Z50 Honda, a few of us were holding an impromptu wheelstand competition, Honda Z50, Honda XL250 motorsport and Kawasaki H2. The H2 was mainly throttle control, the XL was mainly balance and the Z50 was mainly luck :f4:

·
Registered
604 Posts
They are a blast to ride - Im 6' 200 lbs and besides beefing up the suspension a bit usually they are awesome! Some I still have, some Ive sold - all are street plated. The CRF50 has a 160cc built 5 speed with manual clutch and will do 85mph - +8 swingarm in the back, longer forks up front, sits quite a bit higher than stock but is probably my favorite of all :D

The YSRs would do about 40, the RS50 had a built 73cc kit and full exhaust among other things - it would do 75mph no problem.

Built correctly and with proper maintenance, 2 smoker and 4 stroke minis are GREAT fun for around town and goofing off!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Am I still the high bidder? It appears that I am........have I met the Griff reserve yet?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts