MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a 1st...

Taken front wheel out to replace tyre.. the spindle looks like its in 2 parts screwded together !!!

What size socket/tube spanner do u use to get the spindle apart, or can u use 2 big adjustables ??

This is for the F4 1000S ...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The axle is indeed two pieces that unscrew. The axle can likely stay in place when having the tire changed on the front. If you do want to remove the axle then two large wrenches or two very large adjustable wrenches do the job. I'm sorry, but I don't have the sizes handy. I use two adjustable wrenches.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gladio said:
The axle is indeed two pieces that unscrew. The axle can likely stay in place when having the tire changed on the front. If you do want to remove the axle then two large wrenches or two very large adjustable wrenches do the job. I'm sorry, but I don't have the sizes handy. I use two adjustable wrenches.

Thanks for the quick answer :yo:

If u find out the socket sizes , let me know... ;-)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
How did you get the wheel off the ground Spud? Have you got a pit bull or similar stand?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
john said:
How did you get the wheel off the ground Spud? Have you got a pit bull or similar stand?

Tis funny actually .. i have a Abba stand which connect via the swingarm pivot, but i had a front paddock that had those 'L' shaped plastic mounts that rotate a little.. and guess what .. it fits perfect on the caliper braket !!!solid as a rock.. i could use the Abba as well if i felt the front not that supporting .. but its really ok.. ;-)

The abba is fine , if u can put a small car jack and block of wood under engine/exhaust, jack upa little, and it allows both front and back wheels of the ground..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello, I removed my wheel today. You need two 41mm german keys. If you don't remove it you won't be able to balance the wheel. (with an electronic balancer). I had a problem with a faulty Bridgestone 002 front tire (chattering). Fortunately they replaced it under warranty...Anyone experienced problems with Bridgestones? I heard is common problem on 002 tires. :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone experienced problems with Bridgestones? I heard is common problem on 002 tires.
I put bt002's on my brutale last weekend and didn't experience any chattering. Didn't heard it's a common problem either.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
41mm is the correct size (1 5/8" I believe) and you need at least 3 1/2" deep. CHeck for internal bracing short of the full depth as the axle is 35mm IIRC and you need the full depth. Most "deep well" sockets are not deep enough. Performanceparts and thus emoto also sell Performanceparts' front axle sockets that fit the MV perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts