MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Anyone running a 120/70 on the earlier bikes is probably well aware what a stone stuck in the tyre treads sounds like as it hits the front mud guard.

Well a dead/dieing wheel bearing also makes very similar noises when you can't find the stone....

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
967 Posts
You probably know this but go to any bearing supply not to MV dealer for newies and check the length of the spacer inside the rim as compared to the distance between the bearing seats ,my 750s was chewing front bearings due to this being slightly wrong length.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
You probably know this but go to any bearing supply not to MV dealer for newies and check the length of the spacer inside the rim as compared to the distance between the bearing seats ,my 750s was chewing front bearings due to this being slightly wrong length.

+1,000..... great advice

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my bike down to Worthingtons on Saturday, was going to do it myself but chickened out as I don't have a front stand or bearing pullers. Noel, I think you provided the new bearings for me - via Elwin who just happened to be coming to see me to get some bits for his bike and I asked him on the off chance he had them.

Good to know they are available locally George, next time I'll call you for sure!

Picking the bike up in the morning, top marks to the local dealer for getting it done today with zero notice. BTW bearings here are $120 from MV, not sure if that's one or two but probably just one !!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just confirmed, yes AU$119.35 EACH ! I hope the box is pretty to justify that mark-up.

In better news some of the vibes that have been annoying me for a while are gone, in particular most of the ones I was feeling through the left foot peg. Pretty sure the hands were less tingly by the time I got to work as well, the ride home will confirm.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Au$119.35?????

just called my bearing guy......on Jap bikes the spacer is 0.010-0.020 LONGER than the seat to seat distance so they can't side load the bearings

cus;
I'll make you a better deal on Japanese bearings and throw in a bunch of O-rings too for free:stickpoke

yes, almost $200 better :drummer:

Rich;
for that much it should come with 2 gorgeous hookers too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts