MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had trouble with front wheel bearings?
I have a 1090rr Brute with 7000 mi. when my left bearing
came apart. The right one is bad also and about to let go.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The last tire change i checked mine and felt a single rough spot, I plan to change them in the spring. 06 910S with 12k miles at the time of the check.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

Wow, I thought that to be a bit soon mate. Do you pressure clean your bike or wheels at all ? Sorry not implying you should not wash your bike, just not pressure cleaning.
I drive past the car wash service in town on a daily basis and on weekends I will often see guys standing pressure cleaning their bikes.

·
Registered
851 Posts
First 910R (06) - Front bearings went at about 7K mls:wtf:
Had the calipers off and spinning the wheel you could hear a click - No play but No way where they staying in there:shitfan:

PS never pressure washed from new

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Those are very low mileages for the front bearings to go.

Can't help wondering if substandard bearings have got into the supply chain ? :/

It's a clear message to all to safety check the bikes regularly..and the bearings even from zero miles/Ks

joe

joe

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
when I changed my front tire at 4000 miles this spring, my fronts were gone as well. I've never pressure washed, but I can't speak for the previous owner.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
fake bearings?

the front wheel bearings are 6907-2RS (SKF numbers)

real SKF bearings are NOT made in China......counterfeit bearings of every brand are made by the fucking Chinese:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

real SKF bearings are NOT made in China......counterfeit bearings of every brand are made by the fucking Chinese:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:
I think the 1090's have different front wheel bearings Noel ?

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
rolly things?

my '05 F4 has the big axle no spacers, but 310mm discs
the '08 Brutale has the mag Marchesini's off the F4 on it, it has the small axle, spacers and 320mm discs
the SuperLights went on the F4 to roll it around, no spacers needed

as for model year 2010+ i have no clue, never touched one:naughty:

how MVs use front wheel bearings is beyond me, in 56 years of riding i've seen 1 bad wheel bearing......on my KTM 640 Duke ll, but then it looked like it belonged in a clock:wtf:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts