MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new on this forum but have been following posts for a while, and it is probably time to join. There are many useful stuff that I have learned here. :highclap: Im from Budapest, Hungary being proud owner of a Brutale 750s.
Did anyone change the front wheel from the original 120/65zr17 to 120/70zr17? Would it cause problems with the fender?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, this why I want to swap it, and I change the rear one to 180/55 as well. But as replacement of the rear tyre is definitely possible according to the manual, the front one is a real concern to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a Brute 750s which had a 120/65 as standard and I've fitted a Metz M1 120/70 and yes you can hear stones scraping under the mudguard sometimes. No problems with hitting the downpipes though. Forza have fitted two small brackets to lift the front mudguard as I have a set of wets and they always seemed lot taller, I am going to get some pics of the front mudguard at the weekend for someone else and will post here as well if you want.

I discusssed going to a 180/55 with forza and they reported that although it makes a lot of difference on Ducati's it seems less so on the MV's. I just set up the ride height to get the speed of turn in how I liked it ( and even up the tyre wear to the edges) and can report that although it will flap its bars over a crest on power no worse than Fafnirs standard 750s - to me anyway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for sharing it with me. The pics would be really appreciated. I have asked the factory about the issue, see the e-mails below.. they refer to the Registration Certificate, I dont exactly know what that is. In the Manual they write 120/65 front and 180/55 or 190/50 rear.

"Dear Sir,
thank you for contacting us. The tires that your motorbike can fit are only these accredited on the Registration Certificate.

Best regards
Customer Care MVagusta

-----"Brezina Szabolcs" <[email protected]> ha scritto: -----

Per: <[email protected]>
Da: "Brezina Szabolcs" <[email protected]>
Data: 19/03/2007 12.29
Oggetto: info

Hello!
Could you please tell me if a 120/70zr17 tyre would fit a '04 Brutale 750s?
Originally it comes with 120/65. "

1 - 5 of 5 Posts