MV Agusta Forum banner

Front Stand Solution from Pit Bull

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  YJP 
#1 · (Edited)
I was reading the forum and saw that the stands post was updated by iadhomike about a week ago. Where pin #15 was the best pin from Pit Bull for the front stands so far. It is not the best pin for our bikes from Pit Bull. They have been developing a pin for the Ducati Panigale, pin #28. I have tried all the pins that iadhomike has and by far pin #28 is the best for the F3 and we get at least 1” in clearance if not 1.5”.

With pin #15 the diameter was a bit too small so when you lifted up it was putting all the weight on the top and bottom of the pin, not the whole pin. Pin #28 has a few different changes to it, the diameter is increased and it has a 1mm shoulder around the whole pin which the weight of the bike rest on so it cannot cam like pin #15. Also is the increased clearance of 1” to 1.5” which helps out a good deal. The pin has just recently been developed and is not on the fitting chart yet or even for sale on Pit Bulls website. You have to give them a call up to order the pin.

If you have a Pit Bull front stand and are trying to figure out what pin to use, get pin #28. It was developed for the Ducati Panigale but by far is the best pin for the F3. Better than all the other front stand solutions which cost over $500 easily.

Pictures of the three Pit Bull pins that have been tried. The magic pin #28 is on the right.

I will try to get some pictures of the bike on the stand tomorrow.

See less See more
#2 ·
I was reading the forum and saw that the stands post was updated by iadhomike about a week ago. Where pin #15 was the best pin from Pit Bull for the front stands so far. It is not the best pin for our bikes from Pit Bull. They have been developing a pin for the Ducati Panigale, pin #28. I have tried all the pins that iadhomike has and by far pin #28 is the best for the F3 and we get at least 1” in clearance if not 1.5”.

With pin #15 the diameter was a bit too small so when you lifted up it was putting all the weight on the top and bottom of the pin, not the whole pin. Pin #28 has a few different changes to it, the diameter is increased and it has a 1mm shoulder around the whole pin which the weight of the bike rest on so it cannot cam like pin #15. Also is the increased clearance of 1” to 1.5” which helps out a good deal. The pin has just recently been developed and is not on the fitting chart yet or even for sale on Pit Bulls website. You have to give them a call up to order the pin. I will try to get some pictures taken later on today.

If you have a Pit Bull front stand and are trying to figure out what pin to use, get pin #28. It was developed for the Ducati Panigale but by far is the best pin for the F3. Better than all the other front stand solutions which cost over $500 easily.
Great info - thanks. Will get after them for a #28.

#4 ·
I confirm , there is a hole of 28mm on the lower yoke, I put a bigger cap on a previous 18mm pin for a F800S
My rsv has an 27mm hole , the play is too big to perform onto the F3> the front fairing nose touch on the stand...

#6 ·

With pin #15 the diameter was a bit too small so when you lifted up it was putting all the weight on the top and bottom of the pin, not the whole pin. Pin #28 has a few different changes to it, the diameter is increased and it has a 1mm shoulder around the whole pin which the weight of the bike rest on so it cannot cam like pin #15. Also is the increased clearance of 1” to 1.5” which helps out a good deal. The pin has just recently been developed and is not on the fitting chart yet or even for sale on Pit Bulls website. You have to give them a call up to order the pin.

Pictures of the three Pit Bull pins that have been tried. The magic pin #28 is on the right.

I will try to get some pictures of the bike on the stand tomorrow.
Hi, Great info. Could you send photos as you mentioned on bottom?
Do you think this pin would work on ‘19 Brutale 800RR?
Thx in advance

#7 ·
For shit's and giggles i bought the #15 pin and the #28 pin for the pitbull stand to use on my 2019 Dragster RC.

Both work, but the #28 seems like a better fit. The #15 pin sits all the way in the triple tree hole. The #28 pin sits on the outer lip of the triple tree hole.

#15 on the left and #28 on the right
Liquid Fluid Cylinder Tints and shades Gun accessory

#15 pin

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

#28 pin

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Audio equipment Automotive design

#15 is $14.95 and the #28 is $44.95

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.