MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has prob been covered here before.. but i did a bit of searching and cant find the exact answer (or just too lazy?).

Can you undo the front without the special tool? Is there a socket that fits?

Thanks

Simon

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Yes...a standard 12 point 26mm ( I think...not at home and can't check) will work....but the axle end is tapered like the rear nut... I bought a Speedymoto tool that does both front and rear.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Grem, do you do any work mate?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
hmmmm....Doc, somehow I just can't picture Grem with a lathe :stickpoke

Gremmin + lathe = :banghead:, resulting in .... :shitfan:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Repco, Powerbuilt 26mm socket. Get .5mm turned off inside on a lathe.
Wont damage the nut.
OK.. so got that.. is there any traps for young players when taking the front wheel off? Im going to get the tyre changed and wanting to get in and clean everything at the same time.

·
Registered
354 Posts
[/SIZE]
OK.. so got that.. is there any traps for young players when taking the front wheel off?
Well seeing as you dont want to get off the bloody thing and are always out n about on it. Why not look at doing the front wheel bearings, at the same time....How many k's you got up to now ?

I could drop the socket off to you tomorrow. I'm only greasing cos I might want to do my steering head bearings soon.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well seeing as you dont want to get off the bloody thing and are always out n about on it. Why not look at doing the front wheel bearings, at the same time....How many k's you got up to now ?
Catching up with you... nearly 50k!.. thats 30k in the year i have owned it. Anyone know the AllBalls kit number for the front bearings?

I could drop the socket off to you tomorrow. I'm only greasing cos I might want to do my steering head bearings soon.
Ive got a 26mil socket today and will get it lathed down a bit tomorrow... thanks doc. if you are around in TGA, give me a txt 021348884 and we can grab a coffee?

Gremmin + lathe = , resulting in ....
I managed to ignore your post up till now... but a couple of glasses of wine and... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

its on! the next time we are at hampton downs!!!

:conveyer::conveyer::conveyer::conveyer::conveyer:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I managed to ignore your post up till now... but a couple of glasses of wine and... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

its on! the next time we are at hampton downs!!!

:conveyer::conveyer::conveyer::conveyer::conveyer:
Ha ha ....Oh yeah....bring it on brother :brutale::bandit:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pulled the front wheel off the brutale yesterday... changed the tyre over for track day, checked front bearings, re-greased everything, cleaned the brakes and front wheel.. put it all back.

NO PARTS LEFT OVER! :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes. Be sure to loosen the pinch bolts on the forks. Otherwise you will play hell trying to bang the axle out with a hammer.

I don't know this from personal experience of course...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. Be sure to loosen the pinch bolts on the forks. Otherwise you will play hell trying to bang the axle out with a hammer.

I don't know this from personal experience of course...
Hehe.. took me about 15mins sitting there going... this is not right! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts