MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so I had these rims nicely stored away, but something fell beside them and hit the front rim... (yes yes... I know).

Anyway at first I thought it had only just marked the rim, but with closer inspection the rim is ever slow slightly dented in (pics attached).

Anyone know if this is repairable??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll have a look around locally Simon, but yes that's easily repairable and reliably.
Thanks Dons, and for getting my post in the right area :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Haha, I'm still lying in bed mate, very lazy Sunday mixed with some man flu for extra attention seeking leverage from the good wife.
Good luck, hope you find someone.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Simon
That should be easily repairable but be very careful about who you select to do it. Ifyou cant find someone you are comfortable with Elite Wheels in Christchurch have repaired far worse damage than that for me.

Tony

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Simon & Tony.
Simon, there is a very experienced wheel repairer / painter about 15 kilometres from where I live.
If you'd like to send it down I can get it to him.

Let me know if that works for you.
Ciao,
Dave.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sorry about hijacking the thread.
But reading all Your responses gives me a glimpse of hope.
I hit a pot hole last time home in May with my Brutale.
It was a on a freshly graveled back road, in front of a tight turn on sunny day with shadows from trees hiding it.
So do You guys think my front wheel could be repaired too?
Is there a reputable magician to repair it known in the southeast?
TN, NC, GA for an example.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
Google is your friend. Several options in the Atlanta area alone.

Reactions: Donsy

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dam potholes and rocks :(. I nudged a rock too, my rim is not as bad as pictured, hard to notice on inspection but I know its there. I'm keeping eye on it for now, no pressure loss save for the moment of nudging. At least I know I'm not alone. Welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Google is your friend. Several options in the Atlanta area alone.
Ed I was that smart right after the Castles positive reply.
So I wrote to a shop I found in Asheville.
They show mostly car wheels and so I asked them if they fix MC wheels too.
However, no reply yet.
My question was more directed towards if You have a good shop which You would recommend.

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
I used these guys to repair the pretty bent up original wheels from my SPR. They did a great job, but it wasn't cheap. Those wheels were bent badly in a crash. Your little flat spot shouldn't be too costly.

http://www.metrowheels.net/

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
It was a on a freshly graveled back road, in front of a tight turn on sunny day with shadows from trees hiding it.
Ralf, I used Will's Rim Repair down in Greenville, SC for my Oro wheel. Looks like he's about 80 miles from you. He came highly recommended from the guys at my track, and he didn't disappoint. I don't think he advertises but you should find him via Google.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Simon, I've used John Yates from wheel and frame in cambridge plenty of times, he lives in Tauranga too so you might be able to drop it off to him.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the feedback guys - Yep , going with John at Wheel and Frame. Lots of good feedback RE them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why not have your state pay for it? We can do that in CA since we pay into it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Why not have your state pay for it? We can do that in CA since we pay into it.
You might right, but claiming anything from the state would likely require some evidence.
I had no camera with me that Day, no witness and had to fly abroad two days later.
Not a good position to claim anything from the government.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Ralf, I used Will's Rim Repair down in Greenville, SC for my Oro wheel. Looks like he's about 80 miles from you. He came highly recommended from the guys at my track, and he didn't disappoint. I don't think he advertises but you should find him via Google.
Looks good Arthur. I will get in contact with this Guy.
Plus it looks like a nice ride to there.
Even if I go with my convertible.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I used these guys to repair the pretty bent up original wheels from my SPR. They did a great job, but it wasn't cheap. Those wheels were bent badly in a crash. Your little flat spot shouldn't be too costly.

http://www.metrowheels.net/
Thank You Ed I might try Arthur`s guys.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts