MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Probably a very elementary question, but i've only had my brutale 750 for 2 days.
Noticed the front right indicator does not work. The right rear works and the dash indicator works, but they are flashing faster than the left...indicating a problem.
The left side works fine.
Ive changed the bulb but still not working.
I don't have the manual yet, so what's the next step in fixing it.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
It's the SPU or 'fuse box'.
It may be symptomatic of future problems, or just a thing that may or may not come and go.
Try searching here for 'turn signal' 'cdi' 'stalling' etc.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Any after market parts, or is everything stock?
When I replaced my rear indicator stalks with the clear alternatives
rear integrated taillight assembly, one side always has flashed faster than the other :flash:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You might check the electrical connections to the blinker giving you trouble.

CAG
That happened to me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It may just be a connection problem but my bike has the same problem just with the left hand indicator. The good thing is i know how mine broke, i changed the stock indicators for LEDs and shorted the left indicator out. Bad thing was to fix it was a new fuse/CDI box to the tune of £280. I hope yours isn't this as it costs a lot and mine is still not fixed because my dealer can't get me a Fuse box that works properly.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Before you jump the gun .Clean all wiring connections,AND I MEAN ALL.+ indicator switch gear remove and turn up side down spray with switch cleaner.DROWN THE POWER BOX and the lower connectors. I got my indicators working again. wynns switch cleaner.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Before you jump the gun .Clean all wiring connections,AND I MEAN ALL.+ indicator switch gear remove and turn up side down spray with switch cleaner.DROWN THE POWER BOX and the lower connectors. I got my indicators working again. wynns switch cleaner.
Hmm, good to know. At one point while my bike was in the shop, they kept getting a fault code they couldn't find. Pulled everything off, down to the harness, no trace of a problem.
So they put it all back together, and voila! no fault.

·
Registered
39 Posts
While we're on the subject: I have just fitted smoked lenses to the turn signals on my 750 which required changing the bulbs from clear to orange. The indicators worked initially but when I went out for a run they packed in altogether - both sides. I have checked the fuses - all OK. Anybody else had this problem, any suggestions? I've tried cleaning the switch etc. Neutral light has also started staying on when in gear, so maybe its a CPU problem?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
While we're on the subject: I have just fitted smoked lenses to the turn signals on my 750 which required changing the bulbs from clear to orange. The indicators worked initially but when I went out for a run they packed in altogether - both sides. I have checked the fuses - all OK. Anybody else had this problem, any suggestions? I've tried cleaning the switch etc. Neutral light has also started staying on when in gear, so maybe its a CPU problem?
It is probably not the CPU (ECU) it is probably the Fuse box, or Power Control Unit (PCU). On the Brutales, unlike the F4s, the relays are in a sealed box on the right side of the bike.

You would think by now I would have looked in the manual to see what the factory calls the damn thing.

CAG

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
You would think by now I would have looked in the manual to see what the factory calls the damn thing.

CAG
Service Power Unit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update on indicator not working

Mechanic had a look.
Turned out to be a bad connection at the waterproof connector about 2 inches from the indicator.
Nice easy fix...gotta love that.:):):)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts