MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice yesterday on the track a small vibration the the hard breaking points , something that need to be checked.

Today I checked the front fork ...... and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jcxx2NCBUA

What the hell is that noise !!! (internal forks, steering stern, wheels, brakes.... any ideas to start with ? )

Oh is F3 675 2014 with 800 miles.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Streetrider is right, eliminate as much as you can. If you push down without applying brakes and still hear the noise, start the next process with front wheel in the air and pull on the forks to check steering head bearings....etc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Also check the front brake line routing. Mine used to slap against the forks under heavy braking till I fitted a rubber restrainer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will start doing all those test tonight and get back with results, thanks guys for the ideas.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct StreetRider ! the sound came from the disc rotors, the floating disc are the reason of the weir sound.
Regarding the vibration, I re balance the front wheel and I found a huge discrepancy from the last balance.... My question is, every time you hit the track you need to rebalance the wheels due to the tire degradation ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts