MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
How could you possibly see the front brakes in that picture?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe that is the new system starting to come through. not sure about the benefits etc, but it appears to offer a larger breaking area with less weight. I believe the Buells use them now?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
the rotor is in the center of the wheel. so how do the calipers grab? what are they mounted too? for that matter, how does the brake line reach the caliper? i think they made that crap up just to get the chicks.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well further looking at it, the calipers must mount on the hub somehow and the brake line runs into the front axle...still only created to get the chicks.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
my buell had some serious issues with the single caliper brake deal.... it would not react good while in lean and you grab the brake, it would stand up very quickly..... not a good feeling while in the turns (one more thing to deal with) other than that, I never had much fade, but the brake pads didn't laast long at all.

I don't know how they have the calipers between the wheel there.... where would they mount?? :confused:

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
The caliper mounts to fork and the rotor to the wheel rim instead of the hub. Benefits are lighter weight because forces are directed into larger rim area so hub can be made very small, and greater swept area for heat dissipation and high braking performance with smaller parts. Buell's problem with standing up on trail braking is the geometry, not the type of brakes. This isn't really a new system, but performance and benefits value are still under investigation by most manufacturers.

And I like the girl in the front, too. :f4:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
the calipers (2) are inside the wheel! you can see two sets of stars and the rotor and calipers are in the center. how can the calipers mount to the fork without hitting moving parts? i think the caliper mounts on the axle somehow and the fluid runs through it. weight savings with smaller calipers and lighter rotor may be compromised by a larger mass wheel (split/2 star design) curious to see the stats.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
I see what you are saying about this photo...Unless the photo is just not real, this one looks impossible. :wtf: Usually this is only a single disc set-up on one side of the wheel. Not sure how you could put it in the center of the wheel spokes???? Someone get some more data or photos of this....or confess to the wild photo-shop imagination.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i don't think it's a photoshop. you can see to sides to a split star. then, you can see the brake line running right to the axle. now how effiicient it is, who knows. but they are trying to market the crap out of it with a fine bike and a good choice of props. ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
G.Rand said:
How could you possibly see the front brakes in that picture?

I agree! At first I thought is was a joke - a reference to the way they were leaning forwards provocatively!!!!

But now I've had a better look my opinions are as follows:

Brake: :naughty:

Ladies : :mouthwate :mouthwate

Whole picture: :hump:

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
The brake rotor must be very thin...when I blow the picture up I can see the arms of the star on the opposite side through the rotor???? :wtf: Seems to be a very complex affair which would be tricky indeed to assemble. Any idea what company this is...maybe some info on their web site?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
i wouldn't have said that the birds were that nice, i mean they're no hippocrocopigs but they ain't quite amazingly stunning either:stickpoke

that last part may have been a lie just so i could use my word of the week......hippocrocopig, oh so descriptive for oh so many of the delightfull thigns that frequent my nearest town:jsm: :barfalot:

brakes don't look bad though, may reduce the bike being pulled to one side under hard braking but never experimented with them to actually know the advantages.:)

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
What about reciprocating mass?:confused: I bet that thing handles really heavy. All of that extra hardware, 2 calipers and that huge rotor.:wtf: I just wonder what that hub looks like? Oh and what about the wheel??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts