MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to put on the 312rr wheels this coming weekend, but they have no front discs, so have to change them from my existing wheels.

Question is, can i? I have the stock 750 - 1000 gen 1 star wheels, and the bike is 200km away from me right now, so cant go and measure. Would of course be beneficial to make sure before i bought the 312 wheels....

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Yes, the 310mm rotors that your 750 uses for the Nissin calipers will fit the 312R superlights, even though those wheels normally use the 320mm rotors for Brembo calipers on the 312R.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Viggen F4 if you want to upgrade brakes ISR (made in Sweden) makes 4 piston calipers for the F4 1000$ for a pair and you will feel the difference instantly 1 finger trail braking at 100 mph . Best calipers you can buy unless you get Brembo racing Calipers that cost an arm and a leg.

MV Arthur How do you compare the 2009 F4 1078 to the 2013 MV F4RR ?

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Viggen F4 if you want to upgrade brakes ISR (made in Sweden) makes 4 piston calipers for the F4 1000$ for a pair and you will feel the difference instantly 1 finger trail braking at 100 mph . Best calipers you can buy unless you get Brembo racing Calipers that cost an arm and a leg.

I still haven't taken the 09 out of the city yet so I can't really compare. I'll report back.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No need for the ISR brakes on the road, been doing fine with the oem brakes and SBS pads.

Id rather use the money on front suspension upgrade. Sadly dont have enough to spare...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Viggen SMART move. Most people upgrade rear shock to improve handling which it does, but upgrading the front suspension improves handling much more because you ride more on front suspension . I have used Mupo fork cartridges and they work very well Andrettti is a suspension company that is owned by Ohlins and I have heard nothing but good things about them . Andretti was discounting there suspension components when Ohlins first bought them out . See if they continued discounts. ALSO CHECK NITRON, there triple adjustable racing shock is the OHLINS TXX46 they use IN WSBK and its only 1000$. Nitron best bang for your buck and OHLINS quality . GOOD service as well. UK company. I Digress.. see if Nitron makes Fork cartridges for MV AGUSTA

·
Registered
206 Posts

@[email protected] can you give us the link, I am having trouble finding them. Presume you are saying that these will bolt up on my first gen F4 Ago....

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi Rob yes I have them on my Gen 1 F4 1000R bolt right up model # 22-047 HTTPS://WWW.POWER-BARN.COM OWNERS NAME IS MIKE. Rob I will send you a cell pic of the ISR calipers on my Gen1 MV F4 1000R tomorrow Hell you are welcome to stop by and … test ride .. the ISR calipers on my bike lol POWER BARN PHONE NUMBER 424-242-2276 BTW they come with brake pads 4 per caliper and replacement pads are readily available (used in many types of calipers ) and Inexpensive . Unlike my racing line Brembos, pads which cost me 350$. They didn't even kiss me first lol

PS ISR calipers are made from a single piece of billet Aluminum AND made to last as ISR sells a wrench for the outside caps. You just unscrew caps and ISR sells new pistons for calipers that slide in. I cant imagine wearing out caliper pistons . I guess its for Asian markets who use motorcycles like we use cars

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Gen 1 is not the same as Gen 1 throughout the range. Things changed drastically at the fork bottoms in 2007.

The year of manufacture matters.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
To be clear, the 2005 F4 1000 Ago uses Nissin six pot AXIAL calipers and the 2007 F4 1000R uses Brembo P4/34 RADIAL calipers. As Chuck implied, they're not compatible. You can either swap forks(+triple/axle) with radial mounts or you can get just the fork bottoms, like these.

Reactions: Rob Caso

·
Registered
206 Posts
To be clear, the 2005 F4 1000 Ago uses Nissin six pot AXIAL calipers and the 2007 F4 1000R uses Brembo P4/34 RADIAL calipers. As Chuck implied, they're not compatible.
Roger that. I have the First Gen of the First Gen.

Duly noted and that subsequent action by MV is a true and final indictment of the crappy Nissin set up they perpetrated on the first couple yrs of the bike.

Reactions: MV Arthur

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts

·
Registered
14,680 Posts
?

To be clear, the 2005 F4 1000 Ago uses Nissin six pot AXIAL calipers and the 2007 F4 1000R uses Brembo P4/34 RADIAL calipers. As Chuck implied, they're not compatible. You can either swap forks(+triple/axle) with radial mounts or you can get just the fork bottoms, like these.
Arthur;
Your link for the MotoWheels bottoms is for 108mm spacing calipers.......Japanese style
Euro bikes use 100mm spacing calipers :wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Arthur;
Your link for the MotoWheels bottoms is for 108mm spacing calipers.......Japanese style
Euro bikes use 100mm spacing calipers :wink2:

Not my euro bike! >:)

Attachments

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 20 of 23 Posts