MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am trying to route the front brake cables the correct way. I bought this bike second hand. And the cable has been rubbing against the fork and its actually grinding away at the alloy itself... If i run my hand down the scratched area i can feel an indentation...so i turned the fork around to not see it.... 馃檮

Please help...

Thanks

Administrator
How was it routed before? That clear protective tape you see is supposed to keep the brake hose from damaging the fork.

Administrator
I believe they are supposed to go over the steering stem and down the inside of the fork leg, not behind the steering stem.

Registered
My 2015 has the same issue - rubbed right through the protective tape and made indentation on the fork outer tube.

I'll take some pics tonight, but i bought some 3m 'helicopter tape' to place onto the fork tube, I used two tie straps to make one loop (one tie strap around the lh side of the bottom triple clamp, one tie strap through that one to make a loop towards the RH side) and the brake line is now routed through this tie strap second loop to pull it away from the fork tube towards the center (hope i'm explaining this well enough). To make sure that there is no friction wear between the brake line and the tie strap pulling it the line is covered in protective tape and another tie strap used around the brake line and loop to secure).

I have been monitoring this temporary fix for around 2000km and no wear evident, so far so good.

1600301626828.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts