MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I apologize if this topic has already been said before, as is the amount of oil to have my front damping (F4 1000R 2007) is what the manual says? happens if you take a little more than what it is??? what happens if you change the thickness of the recommended oil? I have adjusted my damping and brake pretty hard when abuts the bottom is not going

thanks friends for their understanding of this

Juan

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
If you are bottoming out as you brake hard, you need more preload...or a stiffer spring.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
718 cc manual

Use a 7.5W oil and add 15ml more to each fork. Good luck Juan.
dons do not understand your answer, I THROW 718cc as the manual says to each damper bar, you say that I have to add something more? and what else I can do to not less so adjust the preload a bit more?

regards
Juan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As oil inside

friends we need help on the required amount of damping oil in my front? do not know if the translation into English is understood.

regards
Juan

vamos amigos necesito ayuda sobre la cantidad necesaria de aceite en mi amortiguacion delantera ? no se si la traduccion a el ingles se entienda .
saludos
juan

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
friends we need help on the required amount of damping oil in my front? do not know if the translation into English is understood.

regards
Juan

vamos amigos necesito ayuda sobre la cantidad necesaria de aceite en mi amortiguacion delantera ? no se si la traduccion a el ingles se entienda .
saludos
juan
Hi Juan
How is your pre-load adjusted ?
Oil in manual says 715ml, if you are still hitting the bottom. Put 725ml.

Cheers

·
Registered
568 Posts
If you are bottoming out as you brake hard, you need more preload...or a stiffer spring.
Isn't the spring just to get ride height and sag correct?
Wouldn't he need to have more damping i.e. thicker oil or more oil to increase the air spring efect?
Maybe even a revalve of the forks?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gracias amigos

Hi Juan
How is your pre-load adjusted ?
Oil in manual says 715ml, if you are still hitting the bottom. Put 725ml.

Cheers I have my dons damping adjusted according to the manual is only my weight 91KLS then I fill in some oil? and also set a little more preload

thanks
the more I adjust the preload? few laps?
Isn't the spring just to get ride height and sag correct?
Wouldn't he need to have more damping i.e. thicker oil or more oil to increase the air spring efect?
Maybe even a revalve of the forks?
accords first cun little preload?

thanks friend

·
Registered
14,680 Posts
weight?

juan;
how much do you weigh?

maybe someone will be about the same and will have a better answer

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
90 kls

juan;
how much do you weigh?

maybe someone will be about the same and will have a better answer
thanks ..... my weight is 90 KLS I would like to know the best way to adjust my front and rear damping all you'll excuse me but do not quite understand about this I read the manual several times but always came to the same setting should be the first against clockwise or turn the clock thanks I can give a help with this or if any partner is ready and I could adjust it.

Greetings and good luck

Juan

gracias..... mi peso es de 90 KLS me gustaria saber cual es la mejor manera de ajustar mi amortiguacion delantera y trasera me disculpan todos ustedes pero no entiendo muy bien sobre esto he leido el manual varias veces pero siempre llego a lo mismo el primer ajuste debe ser contra las manecillas del reloj o como gira el reloj agradezco me puedan dar una ayuda sobre esto o si algun compañero tiene ya esto listo yo podria ajustarlo.
saludos y buena suerte
juan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts