MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I bought a '14 Brutale 800 used 2 months ago. I've put a couple thousand miles on her with no probs. I went and fueled it the other day. It started and ran bad. I turned key on and off, then it ran fine. Now, every once and a while, it takes a bit to get started. I'm gonna take it to the dealer cuz I'm sure it's never had MAP updates. Also seems the EAS is not working. The bike was sitting at a car dealer in Alabama for 7 months before I bought it. But, this is the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. And, what a beauty. I get a lot of Harley guys geeking out over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome

You even have people following you. Look at the Kawasaki perv. :stickpoke
EAS will only work if you have the pressure switch fitted. The device that's mounted to the shifter rod. You also need to activate it in the settings menu.

Most poorly starting B3's have trouble with their battery or with the sprag clutch. Sure your dealer will fix this just fine. No worries and enjoy.

As for people walking around the bike and asking questions, it tends to have this effect. Went to the Italdag today which is a Italian motorcycle event in the Netherlands. Allmost 4000 Italian bikes today (bad weather) and just one B3, mine. I could even park it at the MV stand so all those jeaulous Ducati riders wouldn't scratch it. :stickpoke
Lot's of people taking pictures, looking at her and asking me all kinds of questions about her. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my wife on the Ninja. lol She just got a Ducati Monster 696, so it's all Italian in this house. She'll still be following though. I just went out and the bike started just fine. I'm gonna call the dealer, but the closest one is 200 miles away. Hence, not a lot of them in St. Louis.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's likely your sprag clutch. Just make sure they install the latest version. I'm about to have my 3rd sprag installed. Sadly, I have to wait 2 weeks till the dealer can get to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. When the sprag goes bad, will it make noise all the time. I went out yesterday and everything seemed fine. But, I think I've heard it while trying to start the bike before. I'm taking the bike to Daytona Biketoberfest, so I'm going to call the dealer. At the very least, I'll get the software updates.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks guys. When the sprag goes bad, will it make noise all the time. I went out yesterday and everything seemed fine. But, I think I've heard it while trying to start the bike before. I'm taking the bike to Daytona Biketoberfest, so I'm going to call the dealer. At the very least, I'll get the software updates.
Every now and then when starting I'll hear a loud crack. That was my first signal something is bad. Mostly it will just take multiple attempts to start the bike. The dealer told me it will eventually just break and no longer engage the engine. My dealer also mentioned you can bump-start the bike if you run into this problem.

If I were you I wouldn't wait till you're hundreds of miles away from home. My guess is you have a early version of the sprag. Just make sure they install the latest. It's a warranty issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good one mate love my B3 as well, great bike awesome handling once suspension sorted and as you know goes like a scalded cat , welcome to the MV family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts