MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I never thought I'd get the itch to leave my dream machine but I first got the Beamer because besides having enough safety features to get me comfortable with the idea of taking on the risk of motorcycling, it was exclusive at one point and I just had to have it! Fast forward 2 seasons and I'm exclusively riding track, still in love with the look and the performance of this BEAST, but I no longer have that exclusive feeling as on the grid, every 4th bike seems to be a Beamer these days. Which brings me to the F4 and my questions.

How have your experiences been with it in the track environment?
Anyone else make the jump from S1000 to F4? How did the performance and reliability on the track stack up?
Any other advice you can share about the F4 in general with regards to performance and reliability?

The only other possiblity is to go the route of the Panigale, for the same reasons.

In the meantime, I've seen a few comments on here about how fugly the Beamer is, so I'm attaching some pics of my current baby, because I think she's beautiful! :D Paint scheme is a tribute to the 2011 World Superbike Italia team.

But it goes without saying that the F4 is on another level. That "priceless work of art" level....

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Do it!

In the meantime, I've seen a few comments on here about how fugly the Beamer is, so I'm attaching some pics of my current baby, because I think she's beautiful! Paint scheme is a tribute to the 2011 World Superbike Italia team.

But it goes without saying that the F4 is on another level. That "priceless work of art" level....

Thanks in advance!
P,

First, Welcome to the forum. I can't speak of the transition or track riding, but I am one here that vocally speaks to the negative aesthetics of the s1000. I think they are ugly in their stock street plastics and headlights. Once draped in race plastics, with the headlight assembly removed, my opinion changes however, it is a beautiful motorcycle. Yours looks great!

As far as reliability, you can bullet proof an F4, and there is plenty of info on here about how to do it! The maintaining and caring of the bike is amazingly easy. You can have her torn apart in less than an hour with only a few tools if you even possess moderate mechanical and technical skill.

Good luck on the transition should you choose to accept it. The F4 is a beast itself. I love mine on the street. I want to get to the track so bad it hurts, but due to some major financial obligations and renovation projects, my future track exploits have been put on temporary hold. But when I do make it I plan to track out an F4 750 as my first!

Please post some pics if you do the build!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Probably you´ve the perfect bike for the track and I think you´re just looking for something different...exclusive!
I´ve tested a BMW at the track and in my opinion is a fantastic bike but comparing witk my "old and heavy" F4 was like day and night.
I think the F4 is still trying to catch the other SBK. In my opinion and only for track days I would buy an F3 (800) which should be exclusive a lot of fun on track days and if possible keep the BMW.
In my opinion BMW and Aprilia are making the best package SBK but again I don´t have any of these...some call it passion!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I have owned both, not tracked either I suggest you try one before you buy it :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
It comes down to personal preference especially on the track the bmw has the best electronics package but maybe as a complete bike its not suited to you. I have friends who are very competitive racers and say the zx10r is better than the bmw.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
175 Posts
For track stay with the BMW. PERIOD. Or get a aprilia rsv4 factory which is the only thing better for track.
For reference I own a 13 rsv4 factory, 13 panigale R and a 11 MV F4 ,rode a BMW s1000R at barber this summer and have lots of race experience

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tested the S1000RR HP4 and my F4RR both in one day at our local superbike track in Moscow - you'll have a lot of work on your hands if you get the F4, but it's fun. I'm still not done setting the F4RR up so it could be competitive, though.
In my opinion, if you want results - keep the BMW, if you want fun - buy the F4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rather than multi quote all of you to death, I want to say THANK YOU to all for the replies. I do know performance on the track is the most important thing for me right now so based on your recommendations, I'll have to stick with the Beamer, and maybe look at the RSV4, although I notice they're starting to creep up in popularity too! LOL

I also think taking a look at the F3 is an intriguing suggestion, and I'm now thinking maybe it would be nice to have an MV for casual street riding.

THANK YOU ALL again for the insights. TRULY APPRECIATED!

·
Registered
703 Posts
It comes down to personal preference especially on the track the bmw has the best electronics package but maybe as a complete bike its not suited to you. I have friends who are very competitive racers and say the zx10r is better than the bmw.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The zx10r is also a great bike in my opinion for the track and in fact the best choice considering the money factor.
I do share a lot of this comments but didn´t enjoy the MV test!:ahhh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2toWydSqqCg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Others covered the subject. I agree BMW is an excellent bike.
You require exclusivity and it seems its almost as important as how good a track tool yr new bike will be. In that sense I think you should look elsewhere. Example. Bimota DB7 or DB8. If u like vtwins. If not then take bimotas bb3 which is a s1000r engine with bimota suspension. Money no object vyrus is brilliant. Or 1199R. I have the pani and it loves the track. More than my F4 1078..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just to chime in here, why not go for the F3 800? It has loads of power (not quite S100RR but still probably more than most need anyway) and is a dream to handle, lightweight compared to the F4, full electronics package, VERY exclusive.... just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts