MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I am in the process of replacing my 620 with another bike. I have been riding around two years and feel very confident on the Duc. I have test rode an S2R and liked the look of it-but it didn't feel really that much different to me. So last weekend I was out and i see an MV. I alsmot ran off the road-yes bad-I know.

I am a pretty okay rider but I have only two years under me. And the 620 is a breeze to ride. After a month on it it feels like a 250 in the MSF course- You can whip it and flick it and it's just small and light and not very scary-

Anyone out there made this jump? I would love to hear :green: thoughts-
Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I guess I would ask you what you like about the Brutale that makes you want it. What is your riding style. My wife rides an S2R 800, but she won't go near the Brutale. More power than she is comfortable with. If you want to let it rip and are comfortable with the power...go for it. Ride one firtst though. Thinks it is hot as hell though. If you ease into it, you can probably handle it and I know you will love it if you get used to it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hi nicole and welcome, i guess i would ask which model of the brutale would you get? the 750 or 910? i went from ninja 650r to a 750 and it wasn't a big change.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi nicole

I have a 620 as well, and i just got a 750 brutale in august. i had no problem adjusting to this bike, but I have yet to ride a 910. the very knowledable people here will tell you the ride between the 2 is a little different. if you have a level head on your shoulders and respect the throttle you should be just fine. i find i am more heavy handed with the 620 now, trying to wring it out (equalling more fun factor), but i am having a blast with both bikes. the 750 is awesome once you get used to revving it up high. as far as comfort, the 750 is a much more neutral position,
but the more upright riding position puts you in the winblast more.

definately take one out if you can. the 750 was very easy to adapt to.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I might be a contrarian here...but if you've ridden for 2 years on a Monster 620 you can handle a Brutale. Just take it easier on the throttle. The bike is light and very easy to ride. It's a great bike :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nicole...I see you are a new member as well...welcome to the forum too :) You should test ride the MV...you will never look back

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can completely relate. :)
Had my 620 for two years, and after getting to the point where I was wringing it's neck for everything I could get out of it, decided it was time to upgrade. The 910 fit the bill nicely. :smoking:
The power difference between the two really is amazing, along with the way the power is applied. With the 620 you don't really have a need for superb throttle control, just whack it open coming out of corners and the duc is happy as a clam. The Brutale is a bit pickier, it takes a bit more practice to get a smooth throttle crack mid turn, and can be a bit intimidating at first.
The power along with better brakes, better suspension (which will feel very harsh at first compared to the 620, get it dialed in to your weight ASAP to take some of the edge off), and overall better components in general (cept maybe the seat :shitfan: ). The bike is an absolute blast! Once you get the sensitive throttle figured out, coming out of a corner and rolling it on, listening to the engine absolutely howling, is simply amazing. :yo:

Though I still have my 620 to use a daily commuter/city bike, and love it just as much. :moped:

·
Registered
735 Posts
The Brutale's temp will skyrocket and stall at lights, not exactly something I would wanna deal w/when riding uphills in SF

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mika said:
The Brutale's temp will skyrocket and stall at lights, not exactly something I would wanna deal w/when riding uphills in SF
Huh? Mine hasn't done that. I'm in Phoenix but I've only had it since September - I haven't been out in temps over 90 - 95F. :smoking:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Thanks so much for all of the welcomes. I am a newbie indeed. The advice has been fantastic -I appreciate it very much.

As far as overheating in SF I don't ride much in the city. I work in Livermore and ride a great deal out there and in the sierra's. I am more of a get away from it all rider.

It is great to hear it was not a difficult transition for folks-very reassuring. The guys in the bike shop made the bike sound like a wild bronco. I am speaking of the 750 not the 910.

I am going to be taking the Keith code school so I am hoping to work all the control kinks out on the track.

As far as the first question as to why do i want an MV. i have to confess it is mostly because it is the sexiest bike I have ever seen. It isj just fantastic to look at. I also would like something a bit more challenging-

Thanks for all the great perspectives so far-

·
Registered
126 Posts
you will have no problem going from the 620 to Brutale - you should do it tomorrow if at all possible

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've ridden both. I have the Brutale 750. A friend of mine has the Monster 620. There is a world of difference in power, but if you've been riding the 620 for two years and are compitent, you'll have no problem. The Brutale has much more throttle than the 620 in my experience.

As for wanting one based on shear sexiness, that's why 90% of us are here... :naughty:

Welcome (soon) to the club. Don't forget to post pics when you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
756 Posts
A ride to Big Sur sounds great as snowflakes fall in CT.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
^^^^ :freezing: :freezing: :penguin: :cry: :cry: :penguin:

·
Registered
34 Posts
ricky lee surf said:
I've had my brutale since may 06. It is the first bike I have
ever owned and each week, I look forward to my sunny sunday
ride to Big Sur.
First bike you've owned is a Brutale? That's crazy. All I can say is ride safe, my friend.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Nicole said:
Thanks so much for all of the welcomes. I am a newbie indeed. The advice has been fantastic -I appreciate it very much.

As far as overheating in SF I don't ride much in the city. I work in Livermore and ride a great deal out there and in the sierra's. I am more of a get away from it all rider.

It is great to hear it was not a difficult transition for folks-very reassuring. The guys in the bike shop made the bike sound like a wild bronco. I am speaking of the 750 not the 910.

I am going to be taking the Keith code school so I am hoping to work all the control kinks out on the track.

As far as the first question as to why do i want an MV. i have to confess it is mostly because it is the sexiest bike I have ever seen. It isj just fantastic to look at. I also would like something a bit more challenging-

Thanks for all the great perspectives so far-
I have both the 620 and the 750 Brutale. The Brutale feels heavier than the 620 but not dramatically so. The riding position on the 750 is better, more upright and more comfortable, but the bike is a little taller. (I'm 5'7" and both feet are almost flat on the ground when sitting on the bike. The Brutale is much quicker. It rockets to red line twice as fast as the 620. But that sound, OMG the sound of the Brutale will give you goose bumps and a grin from ear to ear. I haven't wrung out the Brutale yet so I can't comment on handling through the twisties but the sense that you are on something truly special is constant.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Koop said:
Huh? Mine hasn't done that. I'm in Phoenix but I've only had it since September - I haven't been out in temps over 90 - 95F. :smoking:
I don't think stalling is an issus, but it will get hot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Nicole,

I was at a similar stage over a year ago and I owned a Ducati Monster 620s for two years and upgraded to the Brutale 750. The transition from the Ducati to the Brutale was easy, although the bikes are very different to ride. I find the Brutale easier to ride, and my riding has improved alot on the twistie roads, credit to the bike. The bike is very managable around town, but when you get it up in the higher rev's it's a different bike, all I can say is, it's amazing to ride. I have included a couple of pics of my Ducati and Brutale together, side by side comparision. I have since sold my Ducati...the Brutale is here to stay :) It also took a while to setup the suspension for me, and my partner was able to set it up perfectly. It was a big improvement to the handling of the bike, once the suspension plus the engine turning was setup correctly.

Melissa

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts