MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got my first real ride on my F3 675. I used to ride an 08 CBR600.

The first thing I noticed was that the bike was extremely light. It was a little bit hard to get used to at first. The throttle was VERY sensitive. Much more so than the CBR. This must be the drive by wire throttle feel that I'm not used to as it's the first bike that I have with that mechanism. The CBR had no real push until around 8000 rpm, but the F3 took off right from the start. I didn't rev it past 8000 rpm's but even at lower rpm's, I felt the bike pulling much harder that what I was used to.

I thought it was an exaggeration when the reviews said that it was extremely hard to ride at low speeds, but now I understand what they are talking about.

I was an idiot to think that being an ok rider with the CBR would make me an ok rider with the F3. I also haven't ridden in the last 2 years so I was a little bit of an amateur riding it, especially at lower speeds. It's a completely different animal...

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Congrats and you will get used to it :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on your new F3. I have been riding for some years now mainly around the 600cc range with some short distance rides on liter bikes. I have to say that riding MV's you have to be on a whole different level. It is so much different from the bikes that I have rode in the past. It is light, nimble and has a lot of pep which surprised the hell out of me. It's going to take some getting use to but you won't regret your purchase. Plus it's so funny when people check out your bike to ask "Hey is that a Honda" and you tell them that it's an MV... they will have that crazy dumb look like they want to ask if it's a Yamaha or something else instead like MV Agusta is code for something. Well then again it's a code for "Panty Dropper"!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on your new F3. I have been riding for some years now mainly around the 600cc range with some short distance rides on liter bikes. I have to say that riding MV's you have to be on a whole different level. It is so much different from the bikes that I have rode in the past. It is light, nimble and has a lot of pep which surprised the hell out of me. It's going to take some getting use to but you won't regret your purchase. Plus it's so funny when people check out your bike to ask "Hey is that a Honda" and you tell them that it's an MV... they will have that crazy dumb look like they want to ask if it's a Yamaha or something else instead like MV Agusta is code for something. Well then again it's a code for "Panty Dropper"!
+1 on the Pantry Dropper :mouthwate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i have just bougt a new F3 about three month ago. I jumped from a yamaha yzf 125R to this monster and sometimes i have problem starting the bike. Does some body else have this problem?

And when i down-shifting gears, and i slowly pull the clutch lever out i can feel a click in the clutch.

But how long does it takes to get used to the F3?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, some people have problems starting. There is a thread about that. Some claim it is the sprag clutch, some claim the battery, some say it is the map...
Still haven't solved my problem with starting...

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
This has me wondering if the combination of lack of battery power, poor transmission of said power though small gauge battery cables and a weak sprag clutch work in concert to inhibit starting.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The 800 has a slipper. I've fitted the MV slipper to my 675 and you can now feel it disengage through the clutch lever (feels like a click).

·
Registered
947 Posts
The 2014 model F3 675's also come stock with a slipper clutch. That is where the click is coming from. No worries.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Starting and riding low speed is a big pain on this bike. I find that starting the bike, you need to give it a lot of gas and ride out the clutch. If you don't give it has in the beginning, I find that the bike likes to bounce the revs which to me is a huge pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Starting and riding low speed is a big pain on this bike. I find that starting the bike, you need to give it a lot of gas and ride out the clutch. If you don't give it has in the beginning, I find that the bike likes to bounce the revs which to me is a huge pain in the ass.
Please explain "bounce the revs".
My 2013 F3 675 (delivered 2 years ago today) does this weird blip thing where it jumps one to two thousand r.p.m. at idle. Makes for a scary start when you're letting out the clutch and feeding the throttle only to have it stall as the r.p.m.'s dropped to zero locking up the rear wheel. :wtf:

·
Registered
265 Posts
My 2013 F3 675 (delivered 2 years ago today) does this weird blip thing where it jumps one to two thousand r.p.m. at idle. Makes for a scary start when you're letting out the clutch and feeding the throttle only to have it stall as the r.p.m.'s dropped to zero locking up the rear wheel. :wtf:
How many miles do have on your bike and has it always done this or just started doing it recently? Mine's the same age as yours (delivered Aug 10, 2012) and could do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
How many miles do have on your bike and has it always done this or just started doing it recently? Mine's the same age as yours (delivered Aug 10, 2012) and could do the same thing.
Mike, just shy of 10,000 kilometers or just over 6100 miles. Clutch in stalling since day one. Stalling on takeoff probably the same but in the beginning I blamed that on myself. Like learning the engagement point of the clutch and trying to come to terms with the feather light throttle by wire system.
The rpm’s hunting at idle has been an on and off thing since new. Sometimes worse than others but after this latest map update it’s the worst it’s ever been. Not just a little up and down but a big swing.

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
I'd be looking for a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I live in shanghai, china and the roads are crowded most of the time so when I start the bike up from a stop, I have to do it with low revs otherwise I will hit someone in front of me. When I do this, I hold the throttle in a constant spot, but the revs bounce between 2k and 3k rpms. I always just thought it was a stupid function of the drive by wire system?

I do notice that it does this bounce most noticeable in rain mode. Does every f3 do this or is there something wrong with mine!?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, when the bike is in gear while in those rev ranges, it will bounce like that also. I don't have any idling problems though. It idles just fine.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts