MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to change the exhaust of my superveloce.

What do you think about this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That's the same kit as the Oro so you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think the bike should be sold with that pipe as standard.
It's one of the things that really stood out on the oro and ditching it for the mainstream bikes took away a massive chunk of wow-factor.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
would love to see a Super Veloce with organ pipes
Like an F4 under the seat? That's an interesting thought.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Someone should Photoshop that.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That would require a 4 cylinder or V4 engine with 1000cc and 180 whp :)
Don't tempt me!

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
57 Posts
Hi,

I would like to change the exhaust of my superveloce.

What do you think about this?

Thanks
I have just fitted those...... very pleased with both look and sound. (y)

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the family @PVA_MALAGA !!! Would you do us the honor of introducing yourself with a post in the "New members" section?? You can tell us what MV(s) you ride and where. I will take it you live in Malaga? Beautiful place, I was fortunate to visit once.

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
57 Posts
Is it similar to the racing silent kit which is not approved for road use? With a power increase? Thank you.
It is certainly similar in look and noise level to the non-road homologated version. I cannot speak to a power increase. The kit is supplied with a replacement ECU (as is the case with the non road approved version). I believe the non-road version adds circa 5 BHP, so I suspect the same is true for this version.

That said, my dealer was informed by the factory that the ECU should only be fitted for track use, as it will negatively impact low speed fuelling which will make it less good on the road. I have not fitted the ECU.

I suggest you contact EvolutionBike for a definitive answer though.

(y)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm not an ECU tuning expert but it's seems odd that you don't get the low rpm smooth fuel map with the race kit? All the power is made up in the higher RPM range so why not just change the high rpm fuel map and leave the low rpm fuel map alone. I can't see how that would be detrimental even on a track bike because your never in the lower rpm when racing.

Maybe it discourages people from riding on the street with the race kit because it's technically illegal? The Brutale 1000RR has that good characteristic of dual personality. I think it could be adopted to other MVs.

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
57 Posts
I'm not an ECU tuning expert but it's seems odd that you don't get the low rpm smooth fuel map with the race kit? All the power is made up in the higher RPM range so why not just change the high rpm fuel map and leave the low rpm fuel map alone. I can't see how that would be detrimental even on a track bike because your never in the lower rpm when racing.

Maybe it discourages people from riding on the street with the race kit because it's technically illegal? The Brutale 1000RR has that good characteristic of dual personality. I think it could be adopted to other MVs.

Maybe in order to release the extra power etc at the top, they had to somehow make a compromise at the bottom? Maybe naive thinking on my part. I really don’t have a lot of knowledge about fuel maps and ECUs!

Very much doubt the factory would be giving dealers certain advice purely to discourage owners from bending the law though…. surely that is up to them? Can’t see why the factory would get involved!

I took the view that, particularly having been warned, I would be pretty annoyed at myself for spending a couple of hundred pounds for a dealer to fit the ECU (tank off job etc) only to find that it made the low rev fuelling s**te and I had to spend the same again to have them put the standard one back in!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
@Olders from what I know about engine design the camshaft determines the characteristic of the power band along with how short of a stroke or long of a stroke the rotating assembly makes.

Drivability and smoothness is all in how you tune your fuel map and throttle sensitivity (since we're talking about throttle by wire). Now if you have a really peaky cam that's made for high RPM it's going to struggle in idle and low speed drivability. But that's not the case here because in one sense it is smooth with one fuel map and then when they change the ECU it becomes more abrupt that's why I tend to think it's a tuning issue ....one that could have the best of both worlds if they wanted it.

·
Registered
Superveloce 800
57 Posts
@Olders from what I know about engine design the camshaft determines the characteristic of the power band along with how short of a stroke or long of a stroke the rotating assembly makes.

Drivability and smoothness is all in how you tune your fuel map and throttle sensitivity (since we're talking about throttle by wire). Now if you have a really peaky cam that's made for high RPM it's going to struggle in idle and low speed drivability. But that's not the case here because in one sense it is smooth with one fuel map and then when they change the ECU it becomes more abrupt that's why I tend to think it's a tuning issue ....one that could have the best of both worlds if they wanted it.

Interesting insight. Always keen to learn!

Thank you for your thoughts. 👍🏻

1 - 20 of 24 Posts