MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The lads took there respective bikes to Spain this last weekend and Frenaugo has become smitten with his 312R again, Fast Jimmy had the RSV4 on track at the same time.

It looked a very even match from my vantage point at the bar.
:mouthwate

The weather was absolutely perfect for wanging superbikes around this wonderful circuit which is sited NW of Barcelona. Frenaugo (Ricc) was on full slicks whilst FJ went down the Pirelli Supercorsa-pro route.

30 degrees in the shade with a track temperature of +45 degrees made this perfect beer swilling conditions, and also favourable track day conditions too!!

The MV was hauling ass for 2 days solid, "No Quarter Given" and performed without any issues whatsoever, Ricc is once again smitten with the MV marque after having a bad time a while back with a 1000R he bought.

Fast Jimmy is always on the money (Literally) he goes like shit off a shovel on anything he rides, the RSV4 is no exception, but I have to say in all honesty that he just couldn't spank Ricc's MV conclusively

So all in all the lads had a great time, and I did too thanks to all concerned. My role on this trip was primarily that of (Tongue in cheek)"Technical Advisor" but did however crack a few laps off riding an RS 250 Aprilia just as a bit of fun.

On Monday night fast Jimmy was lucky to get back to the hotel with both of his kidneys after innocently wandering into the Basque sector of Llieda and deciding to ask some heavy duty dude who I am sure was messing about with a cut-throat razor only seconds before for directions to a restaurant.

Those of you who know FJ will understand when I say he isn't a frightening person in a physical way and looks every bit the tourist when on holiday.

Statements like "Hello, I'm a small lost Manx person can you please help me"

sorta translates into .....................

"Hello I've obviously got a few quid as I have bought a very expensive motorbike all the way from the Isle of Man just to piss about for fun on a race-track nearby, please steal my wallet and kidneys"

:naughty:

Anyhow this is only post # 1 and there are loads of real funny stories that are a right old good laugh

:smoking:

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
I am so looking forward to observing "Manxmen" in their natural habitat in a month's time......Hope I don't embarrass the Americans with my slow pace and ineptitude as I endeavor to keep apace with the witty banter and all.

Maybe i will learn to speak proper English? We shall see.

Appears you had a grand time, and happy Fast Jimmy still has his kidneys.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Excuse me!!
Barcelona is not southern Spain!
Get down here where I live in Valencia.
Nearby tracks....Cheste, Albacete, Cartgena, Almeria. And not so far away, Jerez.
Trackday heaven!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Man what a ton of fun!! Is it that inexpensive to ship bikes around Europe like that? Not looking at map to see how close you are to Spain so just curious. Nothing better than drinking beer out of the 5lb mugs!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lets take a few MV's next time eh!!

For those that shipped bikes from the UK the total cost was £699 which included pretty descent accommodation, track day fees, 2 days on track from 10.00-1400 / 1500-1900hrs with an open pit lane, transponders fitted on the second day and full medical insurance which included all timming and was just an unbelievable extra 20 euros (Terrific value).

There was wot looked like a brand new dynojet 250i bought down by one of the chaps named Iain Emberton http://www.iane.co.uk/about located in the back of a 3 tonner at the paddock, he also provided tyre fitting facilities.

At the Alcarass track itself there was a superb swimming pool, top class restaurant (for a race course that is) showers in the pits, toilet in each pit plus electrics etc. This was pukka!! 2 very good track days which was run and organised very efficiently by a real nice bloke named Charles Van Berckel.

Charles is Based in the UK and his email address is [email protected] or http://www.farside-sportsbiking.co.uk/index.php for anyone that would be interested, I can't praise this bloke enough, it was very well organised, terrific crew of chaps and chapesses (44 in all) and great fun from beginning to end.

I believe there is another event being planned for later this year, so any of you out there that are into tracking your MV, either email Charles directly or me and I'll be happy to mediate. This is a very personal set up and not just the normal commercial track day event.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Wow....sounds like a well organized event. Wonder what it would add in costs to ship from the US????

Seriously, looks like you all had a great time.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
699 for shipping and the 2 trackdays??WTF is going wrong here in the US!
And the accommodation too!! Which included an all you can eat breakfast and at the end of day 2 as a final farewell a pretty 'top drawer' dinner on the Tuesday evening.

From here in the Isle of Man Alcarass is 1000 miles south.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looks great fellas, glad to hear the MV could live with the RSV4, so who owns the Vdue then?

The racedays trip through Jeremy McWilliams i did last November to Almeria was £599 with bike transport and a 4 star hotel and three days on track, could not do it in the UK for that.

What was Alcarass like then as a circuit

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The track was real nice, wide with plenty of run off on every corner. Not fast but quite technical with loads of gradient too. It was also an anti clockwise track. I would certainly go back there without any hesitation.​

·
Super Moderator
22,502 Posts
You'd probably like New Hampshire Motor Speedway here in New England....except that it lacks runoff areas...oh, and you would have to dodge some trees if you run wide in a couple of place; It does keep you on your toes!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'd probably like New Hampshire Motor Speedway here in New England....except that it lacks runoff areas...oh, and you would have to dodge some trees if you run wide in a couple of place; It does keep you on your toes!
Sounds like a real safe option compared with the TT course!! Is there many places you can touch 180mph?

Kitty litter and run-off's are for girls anyway, whereas a good solid stone wall or a tree is regarded as challenging or even character building here on the Isle of Man

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Maybe i will learn to speak proper English? We shall see.
You mean "He goes like shit off a shovel", right Ed? :)

BTW, I looked up "shit eating grin" in my dictionary and this came up.....

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
You mean "He goes like shit off a shovel", right Ed? :)

BTW, I looked up "shit eating grin" in my dictionary and this came up.....

"Shit off a shovel" = Complementary slang term to describe something is quick.

"Shit eating grin" = An interesting and unusual term which we don't use here in the UK.

I think I understand what you are trying to say.

Randy old man!!............Thats nothing other than the look of complete contentment whilst enjoying a cold beer sat by the river with my pals after a great couple of days on track in the warmth of Spain.

With respect I wouldn't bother using your current dictionary to quote from, but would suggest you purchase and use a 'Proper' dictionary like the "Oxford" instead of using the freebie that was given away with the National Enquirer

http://www.oed.com/

Oxford English Dictionary

The definitive record of the English language

You know it makes sense

:popcorn:​

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good on yer. Hope you had a great time.
Note to self. "Get up to that track some day"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts