MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I attended a BikeSafe North Carolina Training program. It consists of a full day (8:30AM - 5:30 PM) of instruction given by NC highway patrol motorcycle officers. It was the best training I've ever had, and it is completely free for NC residents. I am not sure if others can take the program, but if you are interested there are several openings in Wilmington and Jacksonville, NC.

You can find out more at this link: http://www.bikesafenc.com/

In addition to the superb training, the officers perform a safety inspection of your bike (including tire depth, brake pad depth, etc.) and notify you of any problems. You also have lunch with the entire training team, with lots of opportunity to speak one on one with highly trained, and very friendly, professionals.

If that isn't enough, at the end of the class you get a "graduation certificate" that got me a 10% discount on my motorcycle insurance.

I can't say enough about this program - if you have any opportunity to attend, I HIGHLY recommend it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
That's great ! I did a similar thing in Holland a couple of years ago (also with cop bike instructors), and wouldn't mind taking a refresher course. Been trying to find sth in GA, but every safety course is geared towards beginners. Just a waste of time...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts