·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the finished product.

TPO full float button kit
Custom blue anodized carrier

Let me know what you think!

FYI!!! If you plan on doing this mod. Be sure to measure your rotors. These are designed for 5mm brembo rotors only. So if you have 4.5mm rotors (like me), make sure you ask for an extra set of shim washers. You will need 40 washers total, 2 per button.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Question Joe

Herr is the finished product.

TPO full float button kit
Custom blue anodized carrier

Let me know what you think!

FYI!!! If you plan on doing this mod. Be sure to measure your rotors. These are designed for 5mm brembo rotors only. So if you have 4.5mm rotors (like me), make sure you ask for an extra set of shim washers. You will need 40 washers total, 2 per button.
Looks great BTW Mate. I do have a question though, where did you get the disc's from ? Where they also of a Ducati or do they come of a MV.
I asked Brembo the question about 4.5mm and 5mm and they say they never sold 320mm disc's in a 4.5mm thickness or with carriers that thin, as a cross the board requirement to all brands?
Also, do those disc still float from side to side after you installed in this way, they should rattle if you give them a tap, and visibly move side to side ?
Reason why I'm asking all these questions is I need another set of disc's, there is the option of getting disc only and fitting them to my excisting carriers using these new buttons, so I am just making sure I get the right info before making the decision.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dons, the Discs are from CAG, he said they were off of a 2007 F4. They are indeed 320mm and they do have the brembo logo. Not sure if the one off a ducati would even fit the F4. Im sure CAG will chime in on that one.

The rotors do full float from side to side, but no movement any other way. I just needed to double up on the .5mm shim washers to take up the extra .5mm slack since my rotors are 4.5mm instead of 5mm. If your rotors are 5mm, then all you need is the standard kit, no need for extra set of washers.

Ill do a road test tomorrow on her, but I will tell you, the rotors lost over a pound of weight, and the wheel spins very free now, almost no brake drag.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As promised, here is the report.

Took a 100 mile ride through the malibu canyons, the rotors worked a treat! No annoying rattle noise! The bike rolls much more freely now when walking it, and I could tell the wheel lost more weight, it handled better in the twisties. Money well spent!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts