MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So, I've very fortunately become the owner of a 2000 MV F4 750, from some searching around on here I've worked out its the mass produced F4 S 1+1 version (please correct me if I'm wrong?)

This wasn't the 5 finger discount acquisition the clickbait title may suggest but a gift from my dad, he's owned the bike for almost 9 years and has only ridden it a few times, the last 4 years its been on stands as his advancing age meant it was uncomfortable for him to use, he just liked having it/looking at it (who doesn't!)

That tax disk holder still being present shows its been a while since it hit the road.....

I've been doing some searching around trying to determine any issue I may run into getting it back into use and fixing a few outstanding issues I already knew about.

So the known stuff, due to the crazy side stand it did fall victim to being dropped right after he acquired it, this has damaged the paint on the mirror/side fairing and tail but the rest appears unscathed, fortunately I've found the paint codes on here so I can look at having that taken care of, can anyone help with where I might find replacement decals for when I do that?
I've seen some on ebay but am always cautious of just getting them from wherever.

Given the length of time its been standing it will of course get a full service, all fluids, filters and some new tyres but again anything in particular I need to look out for?

It appears the belly pan has suffered slightly in the past and someone has tried to put a fiberglass heat mat on it but its all failing to bits, ill rip all that off and replace it with some quality wrap and gold tape as I found in another thread.

Should the belly pan actually be silver rather than red?
From the paint codes the wheels should also be a grey rather than silver/red they are now? I can't say I dislike the wheels as they are but its good to know if that's something that's been changed.

The only other known thing is the mirror glass on the right side has cracked, not badly its still usable but I'd prefer it to be sorted, from searching around it appears you can't just buy replacement glass but I need to get an appropriate size one made? if that's correct has anyone any recommendations of a UK company they have used for this?

Anything that may help get this beautiful machine back on the road is most appreciated!

On the other good side I sold a suzuki to make some room in the garage for this, so my other gsxr is now outnumbered by MV's (my other bike is a 2015 MV Stradale), that balance just feels right 馃榿

Super Moderator
Yes, the belly pan should be silver. Those appear to be Senna wheels. Interesting project. Replace the internal fuel lines and install a new fuel filter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
will do, are the fuel lines a purchasable part or can they just be replaced with generic fuel host cut to length?

Premium Member
include with your overall service. Easy standard list.

1. Check for mouse nests.
2. Do not try to start without a new battery.
3. Label battery cables (+) (-) This is important.
4. clean ground from battery to engine
5. Clean connectors
6. Inspect all fuses
7. I would Service the injectors for good measure. Balanced spray pattern.
8. inspect spark plugs, replace if need be
9. Inspect inside of tank for any damage from old gas while you are replacing hoses, clamps if need be, and as mentioned filter
10. Check air filter but most likely fine
11. Change fuel fittings under tank to metal if they are plastic. Plastic ones often snap.
12. you鈥檒l need a sixpack
13. Fuel lines special for ethanol if you use such. Chuck as that info.

Super Moderator
The fuel lines need to be immersible J30R10 spec 5/16" hose. There are myriad threads about fuel tank internals in the first gen section.

Get you manual here: MV Agusta Team Double 3 Racing

Super Moderator
Edward's note about battery cables is important. People tend to install batteries incorrectly on these bikes as the AGM batteries instal on their sides with the NEGATIVE terminal forward. Ensuring you get the polarity correct, and the correct cables on the correct terminals, will prevent you from roasting electrical components.

Administrator
Nice gift from Dad !!! You might check if the decals are still available from MV...some are, some aren't.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The battery has been removed for a long time now so that may prove interesting to work out which cable is which if they aren't labelled! any tips?
The fuel tank was also completely drained so that should make it easier to get off and start replacing old plastic parts.

Thanks for all the input so far, ive got a good list going.

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
that's great, I'll have a look when I finish work and see if I can identify them from that.
much appreciated.

Registered
Demon tweaks sell the submersible 5/16 fuel hose. They were the best price I could find you don't need much 30cm or so. I use the Mahle KL145 fuel filter. Ebay about 12 Quid. The large fuel pump plate o-ring can be found at various places for a lot less than OEM as well as the fuel connector o-rings. 1.6 x 8.1 is the small size. Large one is 4 5/8 Id and 1/8 cross section. I get mine from simply bearings

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Cool bike and even cooler Dad!! 馃憤馃徎

For us in the UK, the J30/R10 submersible hose is difficult to source, however having just gone through the same exercise I can happily say Cohline make a suitable In tank hose, they supply AMG/VW/Bentley etc;

Cheapest place from here...(same hose as the Mocal one supplied by Demon Tweeks)

Metal pump base plate fittings can be had from Tom Parker in the Uk (but for the pump plate the UK ones aren鈥檛 available with viton seals rather buna-n, however if you can wait, Chuck (silentservice) can supply them from the US with the viton seals. The fuel hose connectors can be had in the UK with viton seals.

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Cool bike and even cooler Dad!! 馃憤馃徎

For us in the UK, the J30/R10 submersible hose is difficult to source, however having just gone through the same exercise I can happily say Cohline make a suitable In tank hose, they supply AMG/VW/Bentley etc;

Cheapest place from here...(same hose as the Mocal one supplied by Demon Tweeks)

Metal pump base plate fittings can be had from Tom Parker in the Uk (but for the pump plate the UK ones aren鈥檛 available with viton seals rather buna-n, however if you can wait, Chuck (silentservice) can supply them from the US with the viton seals. The fuel hose connectors can be had in the UK with viton seals.
Good info on the hose, excellent price

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
So I've made a start tonight, pulled out a bunch of fairing and started looking for anything nasty hidden away, so far so good, the belly pan is in really bad shape but looks salvageable.

I've traced the battery cables and labelled them up as advised so that's one down.

Thanks for all the good hose info, I presume from the way you write it the pump base with the viton seals is better? I'm in no rush I'd prefer to have the correct bits and sort it ready for riding next year

Registered
If you鈥檙e in no rush, I鈥檇 say the Viton is better and probably slightly cheaper from Chuck than the uk buna price. He can also do all the other bits as a one stop shop while you鈥檙e there!

Registered
you can get aftermarket mirrors for it that are identical to the oem ones. I got a set from an ebay vendor and cannibalized them for the glass to fix my oem mirrors

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 18 of 18 Posts