MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
16M Diagnostic software

We (myself and Esben) have been working on some diagnostic software for the 16M ecu if anyone is interested.
Esben has figured out alot of the ecu programming originally for his Ducati. The software was originally intended for use with a Moats emulator and some of my software to enable auto tuning of the original chip - but then I added the extras....
However - a new project is on it's way (stay tuned) so this is probably as far as it will get...

It will work on the F4 750/1000 & Brutale models using this ecu.

Looking at the screenshots, the Connect, Monitor, Log Data, Errors, and Actuators tabs are all available. ECU Mods require you to burn a new chip. I may leave out the EBS adjustment until I have fine tuned the lower rpm state. Problem is it's freezing over here unless anyone else can help ? The other tabs will only be available with a 'hacked' ecu.

On the Monitor tab, injection and advance components on the right side of the screen shot require the 'hacked' ecu. TPS is displayed in degrees, linear(0-255) or when the min/max is set it will show percentage.

The log data is saved to a .log file and can be viewed either in the software or loaded into a spreadsheet - it is not software dependent like the earlier VDST.

You will only need to purchase a couple of leads from ebay to use it
There are plenty to choose from - examples below for UK owners...

1: OBD2 409.1 KKL to USB - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=m570&_nkw=obd2+409.1+usb
(find one that uses FTDI drivers)

2: Fiat adapter to OBD2 - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=m570&_nkw=obd2+fiat+adapter
(Make sure it's the same connector style as the MV plug)

It might still needs a few tweaks and I guess those of you not using degrees C might want F but we'll see.

Please contact me for details

Cheers
Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
WOW !! Brilliant - now if only I still had the 16M :bawling:

How long for the later ecu version :naughty:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow, excellent work Adam and Esben!

What constitutes the external writer you mentioned?

Can the TPS be reset via this software?

:drummer:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, excellent work Adam and Esben!

What constitutes the external writer you mentioned?

Can the TPS be reset via this software?

:drummer:
You will need something like a Willem eprom programmer and a uv eraser if you want to write to the same chip again...

TPS on the old ecu is not done through software, it can only be done mechanically.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Is the 16m ecu on pre-2005 models? What's the benefit?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the 16m ecu on pre-2005 models? What's the benefit?
I'd call it pre-2006 but any how, its the older 'S' model 1000, the Tambo, any of the 750's + the older Brutales.

It is mainly just diagnostic software, with tests for certain actuators, error checking etc. I added a couple of modifications you can do to the eprom if you know what your doing - Fan control temp, EBS....

As I explained before I am disabling the EBS mod until I have found the best setting. Basically its quite complex to adjust it so I thought the best way was to allow just one modified table rather than let anyone mess around with it. There are several variables involved - Enrichment, Coolent Temp, Air Temp, Lower rpm limit, Upper/Lower TPS limit, RPM table, TPS table + the EBS table itself...

Unless that is someone is living in a hotter place on earth than me and can write chips and test it....

It's sort of an ongoing project so updates or alterations can be done easily.

Cheers
Adam

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
nice touch good work now i need to check my old bird and see what i've got
shes 1000s on 06

i'd like to alter the fan temp but me and chips dont go together so ive found only the ones in paper wrapping or on poker tables lol

but i know a mate who could burn me chip
so i shall follow this a little and ask if i may have a copy of this software
for future use when i have the time this year hopefully

again congrats

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Adam

Can you send me an email with pricing and a bit of a rundown on what you can do with this software please mate, if you don't mind.
I am helping a few guys out with their bikes and need a bit of help over here for myself, especially on the older ECU's.
Thanks mate.
PS. Stop fiddling with the high speed damping on that rear schock if your just lifting.:naughty:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you send me an email with pricing and a bit of a rundown on what you can do with this software please mate, if you don't mind.
What do you want to do with it Dons ?

At the moment you can do what you can to with the old vdst, ie check errors, test functions like injectors, sensors etc, read the TPS and log all the data.

I also added in the ability to alter the ebs table and fan temp but never bothered enabling it as not too many out there could actually write a chip of their own. Same goes for the fuel and ignition tables, I left them out.

Basically it is just for diagnostics and logging.

All you need are the 2 cables that I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Cheers
Adam

PS, I need to leave it all alone ! :wtf:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dear Merc you are the greatest. I only just now read your post (about a year later!!)
I got a Brutale 750S from 2004. IAW 16M Euro 2 version. I was searching the internet for a VDSTS and saw your thread.
1) How can I get the software from you?
2) which cable do you think I need to buy from the internet?

1 - 20 of 347 Posts