MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thought that I'd just tell you something that happened to me on my ride today. I was on my favorite twisty road which is mostly 3rd and 4th gear fast turns. I came up fast behind a car ( a renault clio or similar girlie type car) on a fast tight series of bends and before I'd even caught up to pass the car the driver indicated to the side and pulled over to let me past. I took a look inside the car to see if it was a pretty girl driving and it was a beautiful blonde french police woman in uniform!!mouthwate :mouthwate

France is a great country to ride bikes in :f4: :highclap:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Only to ride bikes in? I'm sure you can come up with some other things :naughty:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree, I lived in Pau for three years. Everybody pulls over to the right before you catch up. Sometimes you dont actually plan to overtake but since they have pulled over to make space for you you feel obliged to make the pass!!

My bike was on its UK registration the whole time it was there. The one unfriendly thing for sportsbike riders is the nominal limit of 100 hp. But then France is so overregulated that the first rule you learn is how to break the rules.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very Nice.:yo:

No manners here...drivers sit in the fast lane and very rarely EVER move over. Police impound your bike under their new 'hoon' legislation if you 'accidently' lift the front wheel when taking off.:ahhh:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Broms said:

No manners here...drivers sit in the fast lane and very rarely EVER move over. Police impound your bike under their new 'hoon' legislation if you 'accidently' lift the front wheel when taking off.:ahhh:

OK, Bud, what the hell is a 'hoon'????

·
Registered
51 Posts
hoon

[origin unknown, but perhaps a blend of hooligan and goon]
Austral./NZ slang 1) a lout or hooligan
2) someone, esp. a young man, who drives fast and recklessly
3) an act of driving fast and recklessly
also, [v.] to drive fast and recklessly; so, hooning

definition supplied by answers.com

Simular legislation directed toward sport bike riders is being considered in Florida:
http://ducati.meetup.com/130/messages/976997/

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thats great and a far cry from riding here in NY. Every single time I get on the bike, some asshole almost kills me, I've just grown accustomed to it.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Randarosa said:
OK, Bud, what the hell is a 'hoon'????
What bmwducatirider said.

The new laws are actually called 'Anti hoon legislation' and gives the police the right to impound vehicles/bikes if, in their opinion, the driver/rider is acting like a hoon ie speeding, burnouts, wheelies, racing etc.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Broms said:

Ah... so you live in The Netherlands then?? :later:

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Always enjoy riding my bike in France, great country and great roads. Less population than the UK and three times as big.

Just got to be careful around the port areas for traffic police, but when youget a bit further inland, sheer bliss!

I love the country and would consider moving to France. Its amazing, you go through a French village on Saturday around midday and you see absolutely no one. Great!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
reptile said:
Hey guys thought that I'd just tell you something that happened to me on my ride today. I was on my favorite twisty road which is mostly 3rd and 4th gear fast turns. I came up fast behind a car ( a renault clio or similar girlie type car) on a fast tight series of bends and before I'd even caught up to pass the car the driver indicated to the side and pulled over to let me past. I took a look inside the car to see if it was a pretty girl driving and it was a beautiful blonde french police woman in uniform!!mouthwate :mouthwate

France is a great country to ride bikes in :f4: :highclap:
Great :smoking:

You could have jumped in front of her car though, so she could arrest you :naughty: :naughty: :D

·
Registered
796 Posts
reptile said:
I took a look inside the car to see if it was a pretty girl driving and it was a beautiful blonde french police woman in uniform!!mouthwate :mouthwate
:drummer: and maybe give you a proper strip search...and viceversa :))

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MV-999R said:
Great :smoking:

You could have jumped in front of her car though, so she could arrest you :naughty: :naughty: :D
Yep, I should have pulled a huge wheelie as I passed her and then turned myself in :naughty:

·
Registered
151 Posts
The French are so cool about speeding, they post signs before the speed cameras to allow you to slow down before getting to the camera... at least I assume that's what the signs were for.

We live in NASCAR country which means the local yocals ain't about to let a motor sickle pass 'em without a fight! Shake n bake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts