MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping you guys can help shed some light on this issue for me. The left side frame slider (attached at the frame to cylinder head) is missing. I heard a strange noise yesterday....like something came off the bike, but until today did not notice that it was the frame slider. Some background...the bike has not been down so there are not external forces involved here and about a month ago I noticed it was loose and tightened back...not excessively. I checked both sides and only the left side was loose. I am worried that the bolt sheared off as what I see left in the frame hole doesn't apprear like I expect...no obvious allen key hole to tighten or remove. I've looked at the manual and did not find a picture of what it should look like. I will remove the right side for comparison tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Picture ?
We don't know what frame sliders are on you bike mate, they don't come with frame sliders as standard, so it could by anything.
Some frame sliders bolt onto the existing engine bolt, others replace the engine bolt.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dons thanks for the reply:brutale:...here is a pic. I found a flashlight and finally understand what I am seeing. The entire bolt and slider are gone. I can see the threaded hole in the cylinder head through the frame hole. I will go direct to the hardware store to find a bolt in morning.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a quick fix at the hardware store, a M12x1.25x60mm bolt. I will search out a better match for the original including an eccentric washer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts