MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
They look real good fella are u doing them for the lower holes as well I'd like a set I them fella if u feel like banging out some more I'd make be get them anodised darker to match frame let me k ow if u will and cost fella

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Adam,

If you leave your bike parked up around Weston you do know Jeni is going to pinch them frame plugs don't you?

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nice work Adam..

Thanks all...

Brian, you were right, probably a nightmare to turn that face on the lathe, as you noted before I would need 2 setups for the different plug shapes. I didn't find left to right were different though - unless the lower ones are ??

The main body of the frame plugs and the fixings were done on the lathe first, then I ran it through the mill to drill the smaller holes and shape the face. A quick polish and it was done...

I'll make the plugs for the lower holes in the week, if it's not to cold - it's freezing in the garage !

Jimbo - Hmm, best not ride it to the pub then.....I still have your chip sat on my desk here......

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Don't worry you will always be safe down the pub with me to keep an eye on her.:)

It's when you are out riding on your own and spot a mad woman on a Brutale in your mirrors that you need to panic. :brutale:

jimboF4

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Thanks all...

Brian, you were right, probably a nightmare to turn that face on the lathe, as you noted before I would need 2 setups for the different plug shapes. I didn't find left to right were different though - unless the lower ones are ??

I just finished building a CNC mill. Designed and built the electronics and all the hardware for the 3 axis. It works very well.

The main body of the frame plugs and the fixings were done on the lathe first, then I ran it through the CNC mill to drill the smaller holes and shape the face. A quick polish and it was done...

I'll make the plugs for the lower holes in the week, I just finshed the 3D drawing for the mill software.

Cheers
Adam
Yeah Adam..you did a good job there, they look great. No they aren't different from left to right...just 'upper' and 'lower' have different face angles. The other ones I made http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34819 are different from left to right. Anyway good to see another 'lathe freak' on the forum.....! Cheers Brian:)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Adam..you did a good job there, they look great. No they aren't different from left to right...just 'upper' and 'lower' have different face angles. The other ones I made http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34819 are different from left to right. Anyway good to see another 'lathe freak' on the forum.....! Cheers Brian:)
I may be a lathe freak but I have a way to go to catch with you. I am only just begining to learn how to use these tools ! It takes me a while to sit down and figure everything through before I start.

How do the orings in your oval plugs stand with the heat, the frame gets very hot down there, at least mine does.

I used a split aluminium band on the normal frame plugs, I guess it should be ok, if not maybe I'll use stainless steel...

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Finally got around to making some frame plugs today..

I made them out of 6082 aluminium to match the design of my stainless bar ends....8 hole

Cheers
Adam
Very very nice - and you definately have talent ! :yo:

(They look very similar to my Motocorse frame plugs..though I am certain yours cost much less ! :laughing:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very very nice - and you definately have talent ! :yo:

(They look very similar to my Motocorse frame plugs..though I am certain yours cost much less ! :laughing:)
Thanks !,

As for any similarity I think you will find any frame plug has to be of a certain shape so they will all end up looking the same !

Mine have 8 holes, to match my bar ends, the Motocorse trade mark is 9 holes so they are completely different.

Here are some 10 hole plugs on Design Corse..a site sponsor...

http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Frame_Plugs/MV_F4_Style_Frame_Plug_Kit

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lovely work mate. Form follows function, so it's not your fault if your plugs look like other plugs :f4:

cheers,

Hoppy

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have the Design Corse ones in black. Like em.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts