MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a firm that manufactures a set of frame plugs for the TV?

Other MV ones that I've seen only have four plugs in the set but the TV has three gaping holes on each side. Not sure if the other MV ones would fit anyway.

Don't want bling versions, just red (match my TVL frame) or black would do. No silly engraved writing either, you pay a considerable sum for these items and the manufacturer expects you to be a rolling advert :mad:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mick, will look into that next week.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the CNC racing frame plugs are the ones to choose, still marginal on the bling front. Quite expensive and have spent quite enough for one month... Will have to wait as by no means essential.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Desmoworld has some nice frame plugs for ducati models. I had some in my ducati monster and the quality was very good!

I'm sure that with a few emails you could find out if they have the needed sizes for the TV. They have quite a few different designs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like the CNC racing frame plugs are the ones to choose, still marginal on the bling front. Quite expensive and have spent quite enough for one month... Will have to wait as by no means essential.
Bumpkin:

Did you buy these? How do they look? If you got them in red, does the color match the trellis frame? Can you post or send pictures?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you buy these?
Sorry no, not yet. Will probably go for black when I do though for exactly that reason. Possible Christmas present from the wife, she just doesn't know it yet...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have just bought the MotoCorse frame plugs, I love the design, but it is a personal choice
I posted some pics in the Customising section if your interested

Cheers
Graham

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ready to press the button on buying a set of CNC Racing frame plugs from Design Corse. However, seeing as I have R&G Aero sliders fitted (well, waiting to be fitted if the truth be told) the pair of plugs for the front engine mount will be redundant. Will a set for an F3 fit as these don't include this location as it's hidden behind the fairing? Will save a few quid if the rear ones are the same. Suppose asking Design Corse this question might be the obvious answer, will do so on Monday but wonder if anyone on here knows...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will a set for an F3 fit as these don't include this location as it's hidden behind the fairing? Will save a few quid if the rear ones are the same. Suppose asking Design Corse this question might be the obvious answer, will do so on Monday but wonder if anyone on here knows...
The Man from Design Corse, he say yes. So an F3 set will fit the TV just missing the front position, ideal, saves a few £.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Man from Design Corse, he say yes. So an F3 set will fit the TV just missing the front position, ideal, saves a few £.
Hi Chas!

Did you install plugs for F3 and how did they fit?
I asked the same question and guys at Design Corse replied:
"I can tell that the F3 kit won't fit as the parts are different and the two plugs you lose are the ones you do need. The angle of the plugs is specific for the two different frames which aren't exactly identical."

Marko

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you install plugs for F3 and how did they fit?
I asked the same question and guys at Design Corse replied:
"I can tell that the F3 kit won't fit as the parts are different and the two plugs you lose are the ones you do need. The angle of the plugs is specific for the two different frames which aren't exactly identical."
Marko

The response you got from them is interesting as mine fit but quite frankly could be better. The only ones that aren't quite correct are the upper ones near the black plastic panel between tank and painted under-seat panel. They do fit but they aren't flat with the cut of the tube but have an angle where part of the plug goes inside the hole (will try and get a photo for you later). Don't get me wrong, they still work, maybe not as well as ones specifically for the TV. I thought that they would be like that in the TV kit so I've been incorrectly advised by Design Corse...

Of course with the R&G bungs fitted and no need for the forward bungs I have saved a bit of cash but with this knowledge I may try and sell my F3 ones and buy the correct set.

Reactions: Marko G.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Again you ended up being a testing bunny. So happy to have you! When we meet, the drinks are on me! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts