MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Dragster 800 Rosso 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ijust had a side stand problem with my dragster.

as you can see, the frame broke right above the side stand.. I was just standing on it... is it a known problem ? is this part of warranty ?
I really have concern here. I put it on a rail, with 1st gear on so it won't move...
fortunate enough I'm at work...
if anyone can advise me, I'd be most grateful. and if anyone has contact with MV somewhere in the world so I can ask for warranty ?

thanks !

·
Super Moderator
24,299 Posts
It is never recommended to put your weight on these bikes while on the side stand.

That being said, I wouldn't expect the frame to break.

Reactions: MV Arthur

·
Registered
3,034 Posts

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,696 Posts
Ijust had a side stand problem with my dragster. View attachment 488448
as you can see, the frame broke right above the side stand.. I was just standing on it... is it a known problem ? is this part of warranty ?
I really have concern here. I put it on a rail, with 1st gear on so it won't move...
fortunate enough I'm at work...
if anyone can advise me, I'd be most grateful. and if anyone has contact with MV somewhere in the world so I can ask for warranty ?

thanks !
Some zip ties and you are good to go :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Wow, very surprising. Good luck on fix. Mounting bike with full weight on side stand and left peg is probably bad form on these bikes? It is not an Africa Twin or offload machine built for that?

·
Registered
Dragster 800 Rosso 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, very surprising. Good luck on fix. Mounting bike with full weight on side stand and left peg is probably bad form on these bikes? It is not an Africa Twin or offload machine built for that?
I guess so.... but I've had some other bikes before, which were/are roadsers (650SV, speed triple, street triple) and none had any problem handling my weight.
my speed is still running, 100000+ km and the frame is fine (til now at least ^^)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I guess so.... but I've had some other bikes before, which were/are roadsers (650SV, speed triple, street triple) and none had any problem handling my weight.
my speed is still running, 100000+ km and the frame is fine (til now at least ^^)
I think somewhere in my 2018 Dragster RR manual I read a caution: don't put full weight on side stand. Comparing side stand robustness between my MV and my Moto Guzzi V7: the Guzzi is twice the size and weight and frame attachment at several bolts.

I hope you fix it, that is a fine MV.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Good luck. If you need a frame plate, i have Both left and right from a Brutale RR. Located in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
Dragster 800 Rosso 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just called 2 garages, and both told me it would be difficult to get this under warranty.
I'll drop mine to one with good feedback on Thursday.
@Lacsap : thanks a lot ;) I'll keep that in mind :D

·
Registered
Dragster 800 Rosso 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dropped the bike in garage thursday afternoon. the guy took in the bike and before looking at it tried to ask me what I did wrong. then he went to check and told me : "I don't understand. there's no mark, nothing gratted, it didn't fall, you didn't make it turn on the side stand.... I don't understand".

I'm a little relieved cause the guy who looks to be a professionnal (a real one), is as surpised as I am.

so now, I wait for him to get in touch with MV for the warranty. he told me if warranty is not applied, it could cost me around 1400€ (7hours work and more or less 600€ frame)

let's hope everything will be ok ^^

·
Registered
Dragster 800 Rosso 2020
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the garage just called : MV put the frame on warranty !!! YEAHHHHH !! (I'll only have some "handling" to pay[I don't know the word ^^])
he will order it, and everything should be done in about 2 weeks.
I'm happy ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts