MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
My first thought is over the top MV Agusta bashing. I get the point he's trying to make, but after seeing all of the posts on here about the f3 in Europe, and other parts of the world, and after reading this man's article, it makes total sense to me that the F3 isn't here in the states yet. If they indeed want to expand the name and sell more bikes, they have to ship out the best product possible to the U.S. It's the biggest, most important market if you are a european manufacturer and looking to expand. Also, it's a completely new motorcycle from a small italian manufacturer. He talks about the f3 as if it's the only motorcycle/car ever to have a delayed release date. Give me a break.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The author in the article is trying to compare little MV to a mainstream Japanese brands in terms of new product launches. No question the F3 launch has been bungled in Europe with fueling issues, but that should not be enough to send the author into the hate article he created. Vaporware? Those who own the F3 in Europe would disagree.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
What a joker, at least he admits he makes his claims based on what someone else said.

PS. Nice to see Balz give a bit of feedback for those of you guys who know who that is............I did recognise another familiar name or two in the comments down below.

I hope it come's good for MV and the F's, I think it will if the bosses keep their cool and just keep working on the problems.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
My first thought is over the top MV Agusta bashing. I get the point he's trying to make, but after seeing all of the posts on here about the f3 in Europe, and other parts of the world, and after reading this man's article, it makes total sense to me that the F3 isn't here in the states yet. If they indeed want to expand the name and sell more bikes, they have to ship out the best product possible to the U.S. It's the biggest, most important market if you are a european manufacturer and looking to expand. Also, it's a completely new motorcycle from a small italian manufacturer. He talks about the f3 as if it's the only motorcycle/car ever to have a delayed release date. Give me a break.

Potentially it's true that USA has purchasing potential. However how many F4s were bought in USA last year? I bet there weren't as many as UK.
USA loves the big cruisers,,Harley, Victory, Indian, Triumph Rocket etc

As being the most important market for bikes ;I doubt if the US comes close to India and Malaysia..They pull vast numbers of commuter bikes..

Big world outside the USA ; )

joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hahah I knew I was going to get flack for that! Youre absolutely right, there is more to the world than the U.S. market. The best way I can word it is like this. When I tell my buddies that I ordered the F3, nine times out of ten it's met with " mv agusta? whats that? Is that like a ducati?" If they want to become better known to the general public, they MUST get these new line of bikes right. They can gain MAJOR buisness here in the states with the f3 and the brutale 675...IF they do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
504 Posts
Actually, Joe, the USA has an appetite for all kinds of motorcycles, from cruisers to sport bikes. If you've ever traveled over here you might understand the attraction of the cruiser/touring style of bike - our distances are vast. That said, there is a desire here for the best of everything and the F3 looks to me like one of those for the Supersport category.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I've been many times and the States is amazing country..and yes I have friend in Colorado who travels immense distances...on his Harley..and I get the cruising thing..
The little point I'm making is that our part of the " motorcycling market" is a thin slice indeed. Honda sell millions of commuters into India as practically everyone has one. Next developing market is China..

The world is changing rapidly..

God bless America : )

joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been saving up and buying/piecing together all my gear for months now after putting my deposit on an F3 and I must admit I've been tempeted to go with my original choice of an 848 Evo everytime I read about the date being pushed back, price increase, bad review, etc. Then I see pictures posted from new happy owners and how much they love it that makes me forget about the Duc. Even though its summer and I see riders all over the city I know it'll be worth it when my F3 arrives :D

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sure the US market is a large and important market for motorcycles. However the market is in terrible shape and consumer behavior is not any better. Everyone wants the best but should cost next to nothing. Might big players on the market can afford to subsidize their products and through them for low prices just for sales numbers on the US market. The Americans have other regulations to most other country in the world. Other head light specifications, emission laws with there stupid carbon canister and, and, and. Still You guys want the products cheaper than anywhere else in world.
13900$ equals around 11120 Euro.
Some education and thinking about the misery of the USA would benefit many US consumers. There are indeed way larger markets for MV Agusta to supply with bikes and even countries were they can make a small margin of profit. The Castiglioni's told me personally that every bike sold in the US is a big financial loss. So would You think that they are fond of selling more bikes in the US ? And that the US is on top of their interest ?

·
Registered
570 Posts
So a 2012 f4 rr that has a price tag that says "on sale this month only for only $24,299" is a loss for mv?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
So a 2012 f4 rr that has a price tag that says "on sale this month only for only $24,299" is a loss for mv?
Sure the F4RR costs in Germany for an example 22900 Euro my friend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but there are a few things I don't quite understand. First off, how does MV lose money on every bike sold in the US? They may make more off the bikes in other countries, but LOSE money on the bikes? That's a major issue if that's true. Secondly, anyone looking into an exotic italian motorcycle has money to spend. The entire world economy as a whole is weak. Like i've said previously, the U.S. is a massive market, however MV is a very very rare name. To put it this way, i've NEVER seen a MV on the road, in the wild. You have to go to a show or the dealer to see one! To offer an option something for somebody like me, a mid-20's young adult that is interested in a european sportbike, is an untapped root for MV. I nearly shat when I first heard of the F3!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What is there so difficult to understand ? Even for a twen.
There is since years a fierce battle on the US market between the japanese manufacturers about sales figures. This leaded to dumping prices for japanese motorcycles and almost none dealer margin. Plus the dealers are required to take a certain amount of bikes of the entire model range. Leading to even further price reduction on over stock of last years models or models which are difficult to sell.
A 2012 Yamaha R6 has an MSPR of 10.890 $.
The same bike is sold in Germany for 12.250 Euro.
Where as a MV Agusta F3 EAS is sold in Germany for 12.390 Euro
Do Your own math. The Euro has an actual exchange rate of 1,2492 US$.
And we have to consider here as well 16% sales tax in Germany.
But also the additional costs for shipping overseas, US specs, US homologation,...

·
Registered
46 Posts
So its exactly as i understood it. They sell bikes in other contries for more than they sell them in the U.S. They are still making a profit, just not as much. Also, lets not mention the quantity of bikes they could potentialy sell over here.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
115 Posts
How ironic, USA only likes cruisers/Harley's, and look who saved MV's hide not to long ago.

"God Bless the USA!"

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
How ironic, USA only likes cruisers/Harley's, and look who saved MV's hide not to long ago.

"God Bless the USA!"
HD was just repaying the favour with an eye on widening their sport bike line while increasing their European presence. Remember, it was the Castiglioni's that bailed out AMF-HD by buying Aermacchi from them way back when.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts