MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a group ride tonight, I came home, put it on the stand, and lubed the chain like last time.

Curiousity struck me, and I figured I'de start it on the stand....and who woulda thunk it? After about 20 seconds, the clutch grabbed and the rear wheel tried to spin, but the bike stalled out. :eek:

I'm guessing it's from the bike being off, and rolling the wheel back and forth to completely lube the chain....only thing I can think of atleast.

Odd, but, now I know if I'm going to start the bike after I lubed the chain the previous night, to shift it into gear, then back into neutral....wierd. Atleast I know it wasn't from being a dumbass and not putting the kickstand all the way down :laughing:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I thought for sure it was the stand (wrong again :stickpoke ). That's scary, I'm glad you were able to work it out and that it didn't happen again. I havn't lubed my chain yet but I'll now be careful after I do.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes if I push the bike around in neutral (with the bike off), the transmission 'clicks', and it hits a false neutral. It's only done it a couple times, but seemed weird to me.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I recently spoke to a couple of MV trained mechanics about this as I push my bike around a bit back and forth after I swithch it off and they said this should not happen...they've seen/heard of it in some old (they mean old and never in an MV) bikes but said this should not happen and that you should take it back to the dealers for them to check out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts