Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an old picture from 1989 with my wife and my then new GSX-R750. :smoking:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Ha! You know you're old when someone refers to a picture from 1989 as an "old picture". :wtf: :laughing: Nice one though! :)

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I'd been married 12 years by 1989......

·
Registered
988 Posts
I remember staring at that bike at the local Suzuki shop, at the time when it was new. I used to dream of owning one.

I was riding my Honda CR480 in 1989. A bike that truly scared me on a regular basis :jsm: I used to get such bad forearm pump, just holding onto that thing. What a weapon. I'll see if I can did up an old photo.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
That's a J model GSXR 750.
I used to have one of those.
Nice bike that.

·
Premium Member
5,618 Posts
The bike got prettier, but your wife too!!!! How is that possible??

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Sweet, that bike adorned many a boys bedroom wall :laughing:

Here's my first bike after passing my bike test a '94 ZXR400
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1375631273.622897.jpg

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
The bike got prettier, but your wife too!!!! How is that possible??
That's easy Erik. There are only two types of women in the world....remember, only two types.

1. Those that'll never look better than they do on their 18th birthday.....and.....

2. Those that look better at 38 than they did at 18.

That'll never be more apparent than when you attend your 20th high school reunion. You'll catch a glimpse of the high school beauty queen, and GEEZE, she looks rough, and then you'll see that really hot woman that you don't even remember from high school. Glancing at her name tag, making the mental connection, and wondering why you didn't make a run at her back 20 years ago. :mouthwate

I'm guessing Jeff's wife is in the second group. :). I know that love makes you blind, but I swear my wife of 35 years is prettier at 55 than she was at 18.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, Yes - she keeps on getting prettier every year. :)

the funniest part is when I put this same picture up over on the GSXR forum....
you would have thought that they didn't make sport bikes back then.

almost every comment was "cool man - I was born in 1989" or "reminds me of my parents back in 1989"
I guess the MV is a more refined taste?

Nice to know I am not the oldest Sport Bike rider left in the world.... LOL

·
Premium Member
5,618 Posts
That's easy Erik. There are only two types of women in the world....remember, only two types.

1. Those that'll never look better than they do on their 18th birthday.....and.....

That'll never be more apparent than when you attend your 20th high school reunion. You'll catch a glimpse of the high school beauty queen, and GEEZE, she looks rough, and then you'll see that really hot woman that you don't even remember from high school. Glancing at her name tag, making the mental connection, and wondering why you didn't make a run at her back 20 years ago. :mouthwate

I'm guessing Jeff's wife is in the second group. :). I know that love makes you blind, but I swear my wife of 35 years is prettier at 55 than she was at 18.
You must be absolutely right. And you are one lucky guy!!
And me too so no complaints over here :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

Randy...I wonder if it works the other way round (from the womans point of view I mean)......Does my wife Christine think that way about me now I'm 53? and bald:laughing:.....I'm gonna ask her....on second thoughts I think I already know the answer!!:laughing::laughing:
The only thing that is in my favour is I've got a Brutie so I think I'm still in with a shout!!
Brian:)

·
Premium Member
5,618 Posts
Randy...I wonder if it works the other way round (from the womans point of view I mean)......Does my wife Christine think that way about me now I'm 53? and bald:laughing:.....I'm gonna ask her....on second thoughts I think I already know the answer!!:laughing::laughing:
The only thing that is in my favour is I've got a Brutie so I think I'm still in with a shout!!
Brian:)
Some things you should just not ask Brian!!

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Some things you should just not ask Brian!!
amen.....I thank God daily that there's t least one woman that loves an ugly man......and I found her.

:naughty:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think I have a #2 also. Just this weekend a girl I graduated with misjudged my wife's age by ten years to the younger side. This woman told my wife she figured me for a cradle robber. Boy, you wana see a happy wife! Love the old GSXR, still want one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts