MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a small, subtle difference, but I like the touch of black on the back seat vs. all red. Looks more like what my F4 had.
So now I'm up to 3 mods: Tail tidy, switched black belly pan to silver for continuity, and the back seat.
Most likely leaving everything else as is...

...maybe a damper one day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Looks great!

With regards to your next upgrade, Id ditch the Rosso Corsa tyres for Supercorsa SPs. Rosso's IMHO are shit and not confidence inspiring at all. The SPs are very good for road and track and dont need warmers unlike the SC2 etc. It made a world of difference to my riding experience on the F3, especially on the occasional track day.

Next upgrade after that would be a lithium battery (lighter, much more reliable and will save you a lot of heartache with regards to Sprag clutch failures etc)

Next upgrade after that would be steering damper like you mentioned.

Next upgrade after that would be reverse pattern shifter, my gear shift has improved since going reverse. No more missed shifts from shitty technique as you cant go wrong with the reverse pattern. CNC racing has a great conversion kit that doesnt require new rear sets, just a linkage swap. Get some sharper footpegs also. Rizoma sells great foot pegs. Otherwise just get a whole new rear set, but really not necessary. The stock pegs are very slippery.

Lastly, I benefited greatly with a 520 X-ring chain and gearing changes on my 675 (geared slightly shorter), not sure if the 800 would be as beneficial but could be. Mine feels more like a 800 now, just reduced top speed which Ill take for better roll-on and acceleration.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Gee PT, you've just stumped Bio for a 2 grand outlay!!

Have to agree with you about the Super Corsas. Have them on one of my Blades and they are VERY confidence inspiring.

Don't quite understand your point with the 'reverse shift' because whether we're 1 down 5 up or 1 up 5 down the actions are all the same so (in theory) the end result of gear selection should be the same. Just my view of course.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like a good wishlist, with Christmas right around the corner. :laugh:
But seriously, I've gotta stick to a much lighter budget for the time being.
Will certainly go lithium when the stock battery goes bad, but I've already had the sprag issue sorted out.

Tires and pegs will probably become a factor when I ever get it to the track, but that hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Gee PT, you've just stumped Bio for a 2 grand outlay!!

Have to agree with you about the Super Corsas. Have them on one of my Blades and they are VERY confidence inspiring.

Don't quite understand your point with the 'reverse shift' because whether we're 1 down 5 up or 1 up 5 down the actions are all the same so (in theory) the end result of gear selection should be the same. Just my view of course.
My F3 is a little picky with regards to the pressure needed on the upshifts. With a traditional pattern you have to put a good positive effort in. I would occasionally get missed shifts on track because of this. The reverse pattern is much more forgiving in this regard as to push (or stomp) down does not take as much effort to get that positive action. Works very well coming out of turns also. Under braking, flicking up to gear down is quite intuitive.

It takes a few hours to get used to, but overall I wouldn't go back to a traditional shift pattern. If you haven't tried it, put it on your bucket list. Its on the bottom of my list as it is a nice to have, but not something that would detract from the F3 experience.

I would put a good battery higher on your list. The shitty stock battery has been linked as a contributing factor to the sprag failures and reliability would improve your overall enjoyment of the bike ownership experience.

The battery and tires are on the top of my recommendations, the rest I would say are nice to haves and could wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts