MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Can someone tell me what these hoses are for? I found them in unconnected state tonight. :jsm:

I tried to ID them in the workshop manual but the only possible reference to them are "tubing for checking the suction" in Page G10 but in that picture the connectors are capped so what the hell? Should I connect them back up? Does it matter which one goes it which connector? Help!!

Attachments

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
look like the vacuum lines that help vent the tank and charcoal canister inside the tank.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, no wonder they are not in the workshop manual. So plug back or no plug back? Is there a specific match up of the hoses or can I just plug them back without worrying about which one goes where?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
There are 4 of them, two on each side of the bike. One line goes to the base of each intake manifold under the throttle body.

Yes, you should connect them or block them off completely. I don't think it matters which goes where.

CAG

·
Registered
197 Posts
Definitely plug them back onto the spigots right next to them. There are two more on the other side also. They are pre-formed so it will be very obvious which one goes where, though it reality it probably doesn't matter. That is where my mechanic hooked up his carb sync tool so he could balance my intakes. Pretty clever actually, as I really can't imagine trying to find and connect to the ports at the intake manifold!

Hopefully you didn't run it like that too long, as it would make those two cylinders run very lean.

Phil

·
Registered
449 Posts
You could actually cap them and remove the whole charcoal canister bit. It saves about 3 pounds on the bike. Only the USA models have them. The caps are available from MV, labeled 1.2.3.4 so you know what intake they are connected to. You should have noticed quite a bit of hissing though those when you were riding.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks much, guys! I'd bet ProItalia mechanic probably left it off when I had the 7,500 mile service done there. I'll be sure to check to see if the hoses on the other side is also disconnected.

bartolim, yes, yes, that totally explains the hissing sound I've been hearing coming from that general direction.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
You can buy auto vacuum caps at any auto supply store for not much money. That's what I did. Taking out the charcoal can means pulling the fuel pump and running new hose from the cap to the pump base. Also need to seal off the mounts and vent it the side of the tank (if you have latest version with canister inside the tank...if it's external the job is simpler).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Blackie, the canister is only on the US bikes, your Euro bike never came with it. I didn't realize they had moved it to the tank on the newer Brutale. I know my F$ 312 had it in the tank. I removed it from both bikes, but definitely much easier on the Brute with the external canister.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts