MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The multiple threads from our Chinese spam/scam artists is really starting to get on my wick.
I presume our wonderful volunteer moderators are getting totally pissed having to spend their valuable time deleting their crap posts too.

To Admin - this is a great way to reduce the numbers attending the forum. Is this what you want? I can see that the AVS forum which you advertise on the right hand side has a different layout and doesn’t seem to suffer the same rubbish.

What is happening to fix it, and by when? Patience is running out.

·
Super Moderator
22,087 Posts
I do feel that the owners of this forum do not give a rat's ass about the membership of this forum...you know, the guys who have supported this forum and MV Agusta for many years. It is abhorrent.
This morning I have "cleaned" and banned the following:

That's 407 pieces of SPAM and their connections in just one morning.

The OWNERS deleted the THREE POST RULE because it would "drive away membership".....

Perhaps we should just let these new "Quality Members" stay on and continue to "contribute" to the forum in such a positive way.

Make no mistake about it, this is not Alvin's baby anymore. It is simply a money generator for some corporation.

To those members that truly use this forum for its roots: Fun, Family , Friendships and MV Agusta information, as a moderator I apologize for the short sightedness of the ownership.

As a side note, when I clean out 300 odd posts, thos posts go away for the general membership....but they stay visible, albeit lined out for the moderators and THAT SUCKS.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mitchy, all good in sunny Brisvegas, I seem to get most of my ride time on weekdays. Nice and quiet on the roads Without the weekend warriors and mamils (middle aged men in lycra)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do feel that the owners of this forum do not give a rat's ass about the membership of this forum...you know, the guys who have supported this forum and MV Agusta for many years. It is abhorrent.
This morning I have "cleaned" and banned the following:

View attachment 475995
View attachment 475996
View attachment 475997
View attachment 475998
View attachment 475999

That's 407 pieces of SPAM and their connections in just one morning.

The OWNERS deleted the THREE POST RULE because it would "drive away membership".....

Perhaps we should just let these new "Quality Members" stay on and continue to "contribute" to the forum in such a positive way.

Make no mistake about it, this is not Alvin's baby anymore. It is simply a money generator for some corporation.

To those members that truly use this forum for its roots: Fun, Family , Friendships and MV Agusta information, as a moderator I apologize for the short sightedness of the ownership.

As a side note, when I clean out 300 odd posts, thos posts go away for the general membership....but they stay visible, albeit lined out for the moderators and THAT SUCKS.
How long does it take for you to clear out all the rubbish?

And btw, massive thanks for what you do, it goes unrecognised.

·
Super Moderator
22,087 Posts
There are good tools for SPAM removal right now...That being said it took the first twenty minutes of my day to clear out the 407 SPAM posts and, um, "notify" the management team. I'm none too polite about it because it is completely unnecessary.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There are good tools for SPAM removal right now...That being said it took the first twenty minutes of my day to clear out the 407 SPAM posts and, um, "notify" the management team. I'm none too polite about it because it is completely unnecessary.
Excellent work, and thanks from me too, Chuck.

Oh, by the way, could you wake earlier tomorrow please? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Chuck and I are both hard at it (depends on who gets up the earliest it seems), and we are both letting the true "Admins" know we are not happy. (By the way, I'm really just a moderator too. not sure why I got the 'administrator' tag).

If I could do it (lack of knowledge/skills) I would love to start a new MV owner's web site...mvagusta.v2.net ??? Get our old "special emojis" back and the original family focus.

Facebook has it's page, but it ain't the same. Maybe we could even lure Ade and some others who left a while ago back???

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chuck and I are both hard at it (depends on who gets up the earliest it seems), and we are both letting the true "Admins" know we are not happy. (By the way, I'm really just a moderator too. not sure why I got the 'administrator' tag).

If I could do it (lack of knowledge/skills) I would love to start a new MV owner's web site...mvagusta.v2.net ??? Get our old "special emojis" back and the original family focus.

Facebook has it's page, but it ain't the same. Maybe we could even lure Ade and some others who left a while ago back???
Good idea, sign me up. Getting sick of the ads taking a 3rd of the page and now in the threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts