MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Local from where exactly? Could you please explain more about it (durability, waterproof, etc)? I've been using a Large Tail Bag that I had ordered from Viking bags. It's pretty good and durable but not waterproof. Also, it doesn't have a loud amount of space to carry my all basic stuff including a laptop. So, Looking for another one.

·
Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would ideally like a piece simular to this to replace the pillion seat for my TV, as you can see it has almost no practical value, seems like something stylish but with a bit of practicality could be made. That tail piece from my MTS is from a company called Flaming Corse, obviously it doesn't fit the TV at all, I just sat it on there for grins.
Helmet Hood Sleeve Headgear Automotive design
Tin can Aluminum can Beverage can Hood Bumper
Plant Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well I spent some time yesterday fussing with my tank bag tail bag bag project. When I first posted this the bag orientated backwards of how you would normally have it on the tank, I thought that it fit better that way, well to cut to the chase here, I spun it around so that it is now facing in the orientation that it designed for. I end up Simi permanently mounting it using the two hex head screws (used longer screws) that hold the tail/brake light in place and a piece of looping hook and loop strap in the front. Really pleased with it now.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Shoe Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Helmet Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
This is my new favorite thread. Everyone has really cool ideas.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ok so the bag was a bit of a rushed choice but it got me and a fair amount of luggage safely to and from the Isle of Man a few times.
The plates sit under the seat and only take a couple of mins to remove.
If it was used any more regularly I’d probably make some more secure webbing / fasteners.
Deffo function overriding any semblance of form though.

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Crankset

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Still quite the newb here so sorry I’m not very savvy to all the MV models, is yours a Brutale? The riding position looks tight! Like one with the machine😁

·
Registered
518 Posts
Still quite the newb here so sorry I’m not very savvy to all the MV models, is yours a Brutale? The riding position looks tight! Like one with the machine😁
Hiya buddy yeah it’s a Brutale but in rarified MV land that could mean either a three or a four cylinder machine. In this case it’s the latter, a B4 1090RR. The seating was definitely cosy given the size of bag but it’s only a lazy five hour trip to the IOM ferry if taking the scenic route across the Derbyshire moors.

·
Registered
'21' TVL
22 Posts
Thanks to all for this thread. Lots of good options.

Outboardjohn,

I really like your bag choice and idea. I'm thinking about following in your footsteps. I actually prefer the original orientation. Somehow the single rear tie down seemed to fit with the grab handle/tail light design.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok so the bag was a bit of a rushed choice but it got me and a fair amount of luggage safely to and from the Isle of Man a few times.
The plates sit under the seat and only take a couple of mins to remove.
If it was used any more regularly I’d probably make some more secure webbing / fasteners.
Deffo function overriding any semblance of form though.
Thanks to all for this thread. Lots of good options.

Outboardjohn,

I really like your bag choice and idea. I'm thinking about following in your footsteps. I actually prefer the original orientation. Somehow the single rear tie down seemed to fit with the grab handle/tail light design.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you, I'm glad that I could help inspire you.😉

·
Registered
31 Posts
One idea creates a new. Made a small luggage room to keep small things. Things I always keep on the bike, bags or not. There is no compartment to keep emergency tools. Made in in clear lexan, so I dropped painting the bottom plate. This is version 1A, would be surprised if this is the end version.
Camera Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory Camera lens

Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
One idea creates a new. Made a small luggage room to keep small things. Things I always keep on the bike, bags or not. There is no compartment to keep emergency tools. Made in in clear lexan, so I dropped painting the bottom plate. This is version 1A, would be surprised if this is the end version. View attachment 491462
View attachment 491461
That is one thing I really miss about my Honda. I had a storage area in the passenger seat area. The little storage pockets on either side of the tank are "almost" useless.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,270 Posts
Love the white wheels & exhaust & tail tidy. Which one is it? Does your back get wet if it rains?
Welcome to the family @MVmaybe !! Would you do us the honor of introducing yourself with a post in the New Member section? Where are you within these United States.

Reactions: MVmaybe

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That is one thing I really miss about my Honda. I had a storage area in the passenger seat area. The little storage pockets on either side of the tank are "almost" useless.

You can probably fit a pack of gum in one and an IPod Nano in the other:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You can probably fit a pack of gum in one and an IPod Nano in the other:rolleyes::D
True, like one of those compilation videos "there was an attempt"

21 - 38 of 38 Posts