MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I'd share my "little" tail pack exercise. I really am about the aesthetics more than function when it comes to my motorcycles, so most of the daily storage solutions look large and out of place for my taste. I picked up this Cortech tank bag on closeout at a local shop and thought that I'd see how it would work for a tail bag. I used it for a short while attached traditionally to the passenger seat but ultimately attached it to the bike minus the passenger seat. I like the looks of it better this way and it was easy and clean to mount. It's enough for my jacket liner, bottle of water, extra gloves, a little restaurant left overs, etc...
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Motorcycle helmet Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
The first two sentences can be omitted, white wheels, nough said. 馃
Quite nice, i've been thinking about something like this. But had no real need.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first two sentences can be omitted, white wheels, nough said.

Lol, you got that right. Being in SoCal I imagine that they are a little easier to keep clean than if I lived in a wetter climate, having said that, the bike doesn't leave the driveway without getting a wipe down.馃槈

Registered
2012 Moto Guzzi Norge GT8V
It looks like it belongs. Very nice, the white wheels too!:cool:

Registered
Wow that looks actually really good! Best tail bag I've seen and I don't like tail bags. Very clean. Did you use the rear seat base as a mount? I was thinking about this as an option for additional storage but I didn't know what it might look like.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replaced passenger seat with a plate with a Givi tanklock plate on. View attachment 491143
. Easy to snap on an off tank bags. Small for day trips, bigger one for longer trips.
That鈥檚 really cool, do you have any pics with your different bags on there?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that looks actually really good! Best tail bag I've seen and I don't like tail bags. Very clean. Did you use the rear seat base as a mount? I was thinking about this as an option for additional storage but I didn't know what it might look like.

I just pulled the passenger seat off and used some Velcro straps to attach the tank bag. It worked fine attached to the passenger seat with some stretchy Velcro straps that I had, I just think that it looks a little more integrated (stealthy?) with out the passenger seat.
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool to get an extra passenger seat base and have a slick storage pack built onto it, kind of like hansb did but maybe lower profile. I鈥檓 hoping that he鈥檒l provide some pictures of his bags attached. Pretty innovative really.

Registered
That's cool. I may actually do that for my tank bag so I don't have to have it over my gas cap. Great ideas!

Registered
MV Brutale 750 2003
Pic with a small bag. Buy a bigger one before spring.
Pic of the underside. View attachment 491147

That's a very cool solution!

I've just finished drawing up a base plate for my B4 that will replace the pillion seat pad... Will get the plate waterjet cut in 3mm aluminium.
Have ordered a new latch pin plate too so I can simply remove the pillion seat and swap in the new custom 'luggage' plate for longer trips.
Planning on using my Kreiga tailpack(s) for added capacity.
Pics to follow :)

Registered
2021 Brutale 1000 RS + 2020 TV Rosso
The tank ring plate for passenger seat is wickedly good!

I've been using SW-Motech Pro series for bags and they have been working so well for me so far!

Automotive tire Camera lens Automotive design Camera Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Shoe

Vehicle Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Registered

Registered
1 - 20 of 41 Posts