MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Who has done the seals on their forks? 2. Do you need special tools or can it be done with creative use of other tools? 3. If you did take to a shop what was the ballpark price?
I ask all the questions because if not that hard I will do them myself considering I'm mechanical incline. But if a special set of tools are needed then I'm SOL.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I believe I paid about $150-$200, a few years ago. They went out around 7500 miles, but the replacement set was still good @ 26k.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
fork seals

1. Who has done the seals on their forks? 2. Do you need special tools or can it be done with creative use of other tools? 3. If you did take to a shop what was the ballpark price?
I ask all the questions because if not that hard I will do them myself considering I'm mechanical incline. But if a special set of tools are needed then I'm SOL.

There are some excellent you tube videos on how to service your forks. The tools required are about $ 80.00 on the ebay site. It doesn't look too complex or dramatic..you just need to be neat and sequential.

joe

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe Ill check that out Thanks!
Fazer yeah I have 8600 miles and they just started leaking and need to be done before spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts