MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just replaced my fork seals on my EVO3, just thought you may like to know the most difficuilt job was trying to figure out how to lift the bike up, the rest was a doddle, NO special tools just hex keys and large spanner, a few pics to show how it was done, may look dodgy :laughing: but it worked out real good!! :yo:and saved me over £300. Seals and dust cover cost £65 oil was £15.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thats good to know, i have to replace mine now and have had a quote of £200. I have the marzzochi forks tho, shouldnt think there would be much difference though would there?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not of thought so, cant say I have ever seen the marzzochi forks close up. It is easy to do, once the forks are out. The seals were bought from the uk importer who had no trouble identifying. Good luck

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I use a block and tackle to lift the front of the bike.

What grade fork oil did you use?

Anyone know if its possible to remove the fork oil using some sort of sucker without removing the forks off the bike?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
minime said:
I use a block and tackle to lift the front of the bike.

What grade fork oil did you use?

Anyone know if its possible to remove the fork oil using some sort of sucker without removing the forks off the bike?
I used the silkolene equivelant of the recomended showa ss08 oil which is SAE 10w, it takes 648cc each fork leg in the showa units. Feels great compared to how it did.
As for removing the oil without taking the forks out i have no idea, sorry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts