MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also wanted to say that replacing the fork seals on the MV Agusta is the easiest thing I ever did. It was much easier then doing my old Kawasaki Ninja. For others doing it after some bad wheeelies, I just wanted to say that a trick I learned to putting new seals in is to cut the old seal on a bandsaw in half. That way you don't need the special tool to push the new seal in. Just use your old seal and push down on it evenly on the new seal. Use a lot of moly grease (assembly grease) on the fork seal lips so you don't damage them on installation.

Also in case people don't know, stock weight is 7.5 and I used 655ml per fork leg. I replaced the seal on the right leg but I replaced fluids on both legs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
my fork is leaking like hell since the last track day. before she was just leaking a little bit what did not make me nervous but now oh boy...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you have a way of holding the front end off the ground it really is super easy to swap the fork seals. Just make sure you have available to you a band saw to cut the old seals in half (used as tool to push the new seal in), some moly grease, flat head screw driver, 2 19mm open end wrench, a 38mm 12 point socket (I think) to remove the fork caps, flat head screw driver.

It would be best if you have the service manual to do this work.. then you'll see how easy it really is. took me no more then 1.5 hrs total time. if you plan to swap both legs out may take you a little longer (another hour at most).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys need to replace my seals and want to do bushes and dust covers.

Does anyone know the kits list reference number or even the individual numbers to help me locate them

MV Augusta F4r 2007

·
Registered
847 Posts
Timely post! I have a leaky right fork. Please post pics as you do procedure.. really helps! First I am going to attempt cleaning the seal.

·
Super Moderator
22,339 Posts
If you have a leaky fork seal, first try a Seal Mate or similar to remove gunk under the seal.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If you have a leaky fork seal, first try a Seal Mate or similar to remove gunk under the seal.
Yep! Got one waiting for me to use it. I think I have to raise bike to remove pressure. Remove front fender to be able to get around full circumference of fork right. I imagine I have to remove fork cover at top of fork to restore lost oil. Ill check the manual, but what fork oil should I use? Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,846 Posts
You won't lose enough fluid for it to matter.....

Reactions: Midnicrow

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Guys need to replace my seals and want to do bushes and dust covers.

Does anyone know the kits list reference number or even the individual numbers to help me locate them

MV Augusta F4r 2007
Find a K-tech suspension distributor near you, they will have what you need.

Check the bushes once you have the forks out of the bike, you may not need to replace them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts