MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some Forcefield body armour today. Great stuff and fits snugly to your limbs/body parts. I bought the knee armour to go under my Draggin Jeans. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Forcefield

I ordered the knee armour after seeing them (Johnson Leathers) at the Long Beach show. The only problem is if your leathers have armour that can't be removed, without cutting them out, you can't use the Forcefield in addition to. Yes there great for wearing under jeans or for my summer riding gear that does have removeable armour.
Believe me, after crashing and mildly injuring my knee, I want all the best protection I can get. It took me 2 months to fully recover and nothing was broken, just really bruised.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Picked up the Forcefield knee protectors and the armoured shorts at Motostrano while I was in San Jose last weekend. Great stuff. Snug, world class protection but comfortable. Works great under my Olympia and BMW pants after removing their respective armour. Forcefield make an armoured pant which is actually less expensive than the knee protectors and shorts separately but I thought they might get a little warm in the So Cal summers..."specially on the MV. Nice kit.

·
Registered
417 Posts
nicensleazy,did you get the shin protectors with the knee,and can you get normal boots to fit with the shin protectors on.I like the look of the shirt,any one worn one under a summer jacket.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
nicensleazy,did you get the shin protectors with the knee,and can you get normal boots to fit with the shin protectors on.I like the look of the shirt,any one worn one under a summer jacket.

I think the shirt is good. You'll probably still want another wicking layer under the shirt (even though the shirt kind of does that for you), mostly because when you do stop and take off the jacket, you'd probably want to shed the shirt as well.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I purchased the back and chest protector last year for my track days. I bought the Large back unit after being told that it would fit fine, which it did, except for the next protection. It was too high and kept rubbing the back of my neck. A friend of mine had a Medium and it fit much better because the neck protection didn't rub against my neck. I ended up selling them a few months later as I stopped doing track days.

I then decided to buy the full pants protection with the 4 layer knee pads. I bought a Large again, but found that the spandex was too long, so the thiegh protection was covering my knees and the knees were over my shins and so forth. I called Johnson Leather up and they replaced the pants with a medium which fit much better again. Should have learned the first time. My only complaint with them is that the knee and thigh protection pads sometimes pinch my skin when walking around in them. However saying that, I did crash in them. They worked perfect. I did a 40mph lowside on the concrete and slid 30 feet into the ditch. I was sore, but no broken bones or scrapes what so ever. I highly recommend them if you are going to wear pants.

By the way, I'm 5'10" and wear a 36" waist.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I also have the ForceField gear.. i love it.. pretty comfortable. And I happen to also use Draggin Jeans.. they work well together since the Draggin Jeans have enough space to accommodate and they hide the armor well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts