MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I was keeping this last kit for my own bike, but as I can't see me using my bike for the next year or so, I might as well sell this kit for now..

This is the new upgraded and modified later type engine timing chain adjuster kit, MV Part Number 8000A5206.

As with the other kit I sold earlier this year, the Sale price is £150. ( Retail Price £195)…

Can Ship World wide at actual cost..

Please email is you need anymore info..

Cheers
John

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Wow, this will be a first John, that original price is more than double of what I paid for the same part here in Aus a few weeks back, usually it's the other way round for us and local MV parts.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sold

To me. Finally got a hold of one :yo:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the significance of this kit? What does it do better than OEM? Make the timing chain more tensionyer?

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the significance of this kit? What does it do better than OEM? Make the timing chain more tensionyer?
It's a knewyer version of the earlyer tensioner that was known to suffered failuryer ... ;)

The early tensioners on the 750's and 1000's had a weaker housing and had a tendancy to crack ( identified by the silver coloured tensioner housing).. See attached picture.

MV then went to a black coloured tensioner which was slighly shorter in length and had a thicker casing.. Some of these early black coloured housing tensioners also suffered from a weak spring action, so they released a modified tensioner which fitted all MV models and came as this kit ..

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts

Did you go check your bike to see if your tensioner was silver or black? You may be lucky in that it either came with the updated one, or the recall has already been performed.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That picture is from my 1000R MY06 when it broke during a race, not a 1000S or other.
It was one of a official MV recall not done by the dealer.
If it was silver in colour, then it would be the same as the early version used on early MV bikes.. ( who said anything about 1000S ?)

Did you go check your bike to see if your tensioner was silver or black? You may be lucky in that it either came with the updated one, or the recall has already been performed.
If you have the black housing version fitted on your bike and the bike was manufactured post 2008, then it's highly likely you have the latest tensioner fitted... These are from the later Husky bikes...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I see, thanks for the info! I have no idea where to even check for that. I'll have to consult the manual. Black is good, gray is bad. Thanks, y'all! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
If it was silver in colour, then it would be the same as the early version used on early MV bikes.. ( who said anything about 1000S ?)
I did, because of the amount of people still thinking it was a 750 and 1000 S issue only.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did, because of the amount of people still thinking it was a 750 and 1000 S issue only.
It's quite simple.. When MV went to the later black coloured tensioner casing, there was still some reported cases of tensioners suffering from weak spring action ( resulting in some engines having noisy timing chain drive trains), so they released a modified tensioner kit which superseded all previous tensioners and these new modified kits fit all MV models..

Some post 1000cc + models still left the factory with the early black coloured tensioner.. These are still servicable, unless the timing chain rattle noise manifests itself over time, which at this point its worth installing this later kit to see if it cure the rattle noise long term..

There is a service bulletin from the factory on this issue, but I haven't got a copy.. I only read it at a dealership..

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
There is a service bulletin from the factory on this issue, but I haven't got a copy.. I only read it at a dealership..
You (anybody) can download the service bulletin and instructions from the bottom of my website, below the manual lists, if anybody needs it. A must read if you're going to swap one over.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You (anybody) can download the service bulletin and instructions from the bottom of my website, below the manual lists, if anybody needs it. A must read if you're going to swap one over.
Donsy..

It will be handy for forum members if you posted the link to the actual MV service bulletin on these tensioner kits here..

Any future members doing a search on these “Modified Tensioner Kits” will come across this thread and can read the bulletin info for themselves..

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
yes John,but i think and to be honest they only had 3 off them ,once gone they will not be restocking them,I feel they are old stock and want to get out of the mv parts they have left.

cheers eddy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts