MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

This is the new upgraded and modified later type engine timing chain adjuster kit MV Part Number 8000A5206.

Sale price is £150. ( Retail Price £195)… .. SOLD to Cus..

Or I also have a nearly new late type complete timing chain tensioner which came off a Brutale with approx 1100 miles.. There is zero wear to this used tensioner.

Sale for £100 shipped anywhere World wide. SOLD to Rich.

Please email is you need anymore info..

Cheers
John

Both kits now sold... Cheers everyone for all your enquiries.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Guy

The early tensioners on the 750's and 1000's had a weaker housing and had a tendancy to crack ( identified by the silver coloured tensioner housing).. See attached picture.

MV then went to a black coloured tensioner which was slighly shorter in length and had a thicker casing.. Some of these early black coloured housing tensioners also suffered from a weak spring action, so they released a modified tensioner which fitted all MV models and came as this kit ..

These two tensioners are the late modified kits which have the part # 8000A5206 and are found on all models fitted from late 2009 onwards.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I still have that tensioner.
As yet, I haven't heard of one of these later type tensioners failing..

I don't think you can get any other tensioner, apart from this modified kit when you place an order with MV..

This kit fits all pre-2010 models and has superseded all other part numbers.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guy

Your bike will have the early version of the second generation black coloured housing tensioners .. It won't be the upgrade kit, but it should be fine.. The only thing your current engine tensioner has been know to suffer from is a weak internal spring..

You only have to listen out for signs of rattles when the engine first starts up from cold or tizz type sounds from the timing chain area when to blip the throttle quickly.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Guy

Your bike will have the early version of the second generation black coloured housing tensioners .. It won't be the upgrade kit, but it should be fine.. The only thing your current engine tensioner has been know to suffer from is a weak internal spring..

You only have to listen out for signs of rattles when the engine first starts up from cold or tizz type sounds from the timing chain area when to blip the throttle quickly.

That broken tensioner came out of my 06 1000R John.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That broken tensioner came out of my 06 1000R John.
F**********k :jsm:... I thought the 1000R's had the early black coloured tensioners.. You learn something every day..

PS: I got some PM's from a couple of forum members, which I will get round to replying to, but my Dad has been taken in hospital in London at the moment and I have to be with him and my mum for the next few days... So please bear with me and I will reply to the PM's

J

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Take care, and all of the best John.
Cheers Dons !!.. I appreciate that..

Life is full of highs and lows... Messi our young dog ( 9 1/2 months old) won best male Vizsla puppy and then went on to win Best Puppy in Breed at Crufts yesterday. We we're over the moon and jumping for joy as if we had scored the winning goal at the World cup final for Portugal..

I then had a call that my dad had got worst and is not doing to well..

I was up a straight 16 hours yesterday driving from Crufts and then back into London last night.. I'm only now taking 3 hours out this afternoon to catch up on normal shit and emails..

Laters people
J

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John, I'll take the used tensioner, no rush and hope all goes well for you in the meantime.
Hey Rich.

Thanks for your patience.. I’ve sent you a PM requesting the delivery address details and the tensioner is packed and ready to go.. Email me your details and I’ll send you my PayPal info.

Cheers
J

1 - 20 of 20 Posts