MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

I have a brand new geniune factory seat set for the F4 Oro models.. ( Has never been fitted to a bike)...

This seat was also available as part of the limited edition Mamba kits for the F4's

This seat combo set is the proper parts available only from MV Agusta Special Parts, and not to be confused with after market versions or re-upholstered seat covers..

These F4 Oro seat combo sets are now becoming rare , hard to find, and certainly very few come up for sale as brand new..

I've only got this one set in stock and NO more !.

If you have an Oro in your collection, then this would make a great spare part to have in stock..

However, it will fit all pre 2010 F4 model bikes..

Sale £175 + postage. SOLD

Willing to ship World Wide at cost..

Please email if you need anymore info

Cheers
John

Attachments

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I'm pretty confused here John.
I have an original Oro set by myself as spare laying around.
But mine is looking leatherish and dark brown.
So what was really fixed to the Oro ?

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty confused here John.
I have an original Oro set by myself as spare laying around.
But mine is looking leatherish and dark brown.
So what was really fixed to the Oro ?
Defo Black.. This seat in the pictures looks ligher in colour than it is in the real flesh.. It is Blacker than Black..

If your Oro seat has gone leatherish and dark brown, I'd be worried and seek medical help or a second opinion.

Post up some pictures of your Oro seat so we can have a look..

·
Registered
404 Posts
John,

You have a PM.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Defo Black.. This seat in the pictures looks ligher in colour than it is in the real flesh.. It is Blacker than Black..

If your Oro seat has gone leatherish and dark brown, I'd be worried and seek medical help or a second opinion.

Are you giving the second opinion then? I did not know that your are that you are so medically educated. And that from a picture...

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

Well John the seat and hump are original MV Agusta spare parts according to the parts catalogue.
Part number 800092672 and 800092673.
I bought this out of the former MV Agusta USA spares offered by Moto Forza back in the days.
And I will gladly post a photo once home in May if You are that patient.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well John the seat and hump are original MV Agusta spare parts according to the parts catalogue.
Part number 800092672 and 800092673.
I bought this out of the former MV Agusta USA spares offered by Moto Forza back in the days.
And I will gladly post a photo once home in May if You are that patient.
No it's okay Ralf, you chill out and there's no need..

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Oro seat - Black or Brown ?

Well John I asked my friend and dealer about the original color of the Oro seat.
The answer is not black but leather with a dark brownish tone.
Attached is a photo I made of Gary Kohs Oro at the Stamford exhibition.
What You sold here was SPG E00 5010 and SPG E00 5011, black alcantara seat and pad, of the MV Agusta special parts catalogue.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Ralf...

Give yourself a pat on the back for going the extra mile, even though it wasn't necessary. I appreciate you mean well…

This Oro seat set came from Eddie Irvine's bike and was one of the first 30 Oro bikes sent out to a selected bunch of celebrities, before the public launch of the remaining Oro F4 bikes..

Irvine had his seat changed for a custom made unit with his own logo etched into the upholstery.. When the bike was delivered, this seat set stayed at the dealer and I managed to buy it off them..

Now I wouldn't like to take up anymore of your valuable time trying to prove that I’m bullshitting and you’re correct, so lets just both agree that you are right and I am wrong..

Cheers
J

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
No John I'm not trying to bullshit You.
Not at all.
I'm just confused as I bought this seat set a while ago and bought it with the expectation that it would be black.
So than I fear MV Agusta fitted different seats to the Oro's.
And in the view of collecting as much information on the history of our beloved bikes is this really interesting.
Because someone might buying an Oro could be confused.
But surely I will post here a photo of the seat I have laying in my garage once back in the US.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No John I'm not trying to bullshit You.
Not at all.
I'm just confused as I bought this seat set a while ago and bought it with the expectation that it would be black.
So than I fear MV Agusta fitted different seats to the Oro's.
And in the view of collecting as much information on the history of our beloved bikes is this really interesting.
Because someone might buying an Oro could be confused.
But surely I will post here a photo of the seat I have laying in my garage once back in the US.
Ralf

The first pre-production F4 Oro's had all sorts of weird stuff going on.. Apparently they had an issue with the front brake discs specifications and the cam-shafts also suffered from some type of surface corrosion, which MV didn’t manage to cure until the first batch of the 2002 Evo 2 models..

Also, the first batch of Oro’s had specially made carbon fibre parts, which not all the 300 came with.. I’m sure there are a few more urban myths out there, but like every small production motorcycle firm, things get changed around when they first get off the ground..

J

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
That made me think that I had a pic of an oro on my phone. Here it is.
Maybe not good enough... ah well... maybe the sight of all specials will ease the mood a bit :mouthwate

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Erik.

The mood between me and Ralf is cool as ice... Man!

Ralf is just trying to find out more info and I'm just try to help him out... It would have been nice if it had been done on PM or email and the advert left for the purpose of what it was intended for.. But hay Ho, that's forum life..

J

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
So I started it

So John here are photos of my seats with the part numbers, as promised.
Nonetheless I guess Irvines seat is sold by now and it is in deed a nice set You had there.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
So John here are photos of my seats with the part numbers, as promised.
Nonetheless I guess Irvines seat is sold by now and it is in deed a nice set You had there.
My Oro came with this seat set posted by Ralf.

John, regarding the carbon parts, I thought all F4 Oro had the same. Which carbon parts were not fitted on some Oros?

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Oro came with this seat set posted by Ralf.

John, regarding the carbon parts, I thought all F4 Oro had the same. Which carbon parts were not fitted on some Oros?
Tank fill in panels.. I have a set made by MV Special parts ( manufacturered by Carbon Dream) and haven't be able to buy another set since.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts