MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi People

I know I'm going to regret this in years to come, but I've decided its time to let my Ducati 998R go to a new home.

I‘ve been mulling it over in my head for months and months, and have now come to the decision that it’s never really ever going to be ridden, so I might as well sell her..

Also, we are moving to a small property in the centre of town and therefore not everything can come with us because of the lack of space.

The catalyst was that I sold my 1969 T120 Bonneville earlier this year, and after that went I thought to myself, what’s the point of holding onto these collectable bikes if I’m never intending to ride them.

So here we are at another cross roads in my biking history..

The bike has never ever been tracked, and spent most of its life in the Hallway of our old house.

It comes with all the normal OEM 998R extras.

Full factory carbon bodywork
Limited Edition model plaque
Ducati Performance bike cover
Rear paddock stand
Standard road legal & race Termi exhaust silencers
2 ECU’s to go with the optional exhaust set up
Standard and Tecnosel Race Seat Pad ( Both still brand new)
All the genuine owners handbooks, dealer service books and corresponding invoices and even the original bill of sale from new.

There are various other Ducati Performance parts fitted on the bike and most of the external OEM bolts and nuts where replaced with Titanium equivalents

This particular bike came direct from Ducati to the supplying dealer with an optional extra set of Ducati Performance SBK magnesium wheels fitted and the original 998R OEM Forged aluminium Marchesini wheels with new Brembo discs came boxed up separately.. These are still new and have never been fitted or used.

The bike is 100% genuine and is in as new condition.. The mileage is an authentic 4K and all paperwork comes with the bike.

For Sale £17,500.

I hope she finds a good home to go too and to someone who appreciates this rare last of the Tamburini designed Ducati’s. Those who know me, know how much this bike means to me.

Please PM me if you need any further info or pictures.

Cheers for reading this advert
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
wow - what an awesome example. Would be a shame to ride it seeing as its in such perfect condition - but then it seems more of a shame not to ride it. wish i had the money but ive just spent it all.

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Guys...

OMG i want this. Beautiful bike. Wish you were in california..
I also wished I lived in California.. Monterey Bay to be precise.. :smoking:

I'm sure shipping wouldn't be a problem Alvin!!

:popcorn:
My old Foggy Rep is in Jason Griffith Motorcycles having its first MOT since being on the IOM.. Apparently, it made quite an impression on those visiting Jason's shop and they couldn't believe it was a 12 year old bike..

I'll post some pictures of the old girl in the IOM once she gets delivered back to her new owner.

wow - what an awesome example. Would be a shame to ride it seeing as its in such perfect condition - but then it seems more of a shame not to ride it. wish i had the money but ive just spent it all.
Cheers Richard... How you getting on with your new Bimota ? .. Have you got use to it yet ?

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
I'm sure shipping wouldn't be a problem Alvin!!

:popcorn:
I searched awhile ago for a 998R to own. In california we have strict emissions rules and only a few of the 998Rs that arrived here became street legal. Otherwise, too late and no riding on the road here! :thewife:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I searched awhile ago for a 998R to own. In california we have strict emissions rules and only a few of the 998Rs that arrived here became street legal. Otherwise, too late and no riding on the road here! :thewife:
So, now that you're an "International Man of Leisure", why do you still live in California? Register the thing at your second home in Nevada, Oregon, Texas, etc., and ride it on their plates......

BTW, no emission or noise testing in Bubbaland........:)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
So, now that you're an "International Man of Leisure", why do you still live in California? Register the thing at your second home in Nevada, Oregon, Texas, etc., and ride it on their plates......

BTW, no emission or noise testing in Bubbaland........:)
Or just go international. :hitit:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Sweet 998R

Beautiful Example john of the 998R, really hope it goes to a good home mate as i know all your bikes are kept in pristine condition. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Or just go international. :hitit:
You certainly can't move to China Alvin........you'd look just like the other 2 billion Chinese........:stickpoke

(juuuuuuuuust kiddin) :)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
You certainly can't move to China Alvin........you'd look just like the other 2 billion Chinese........:stickpoke

(juuuuuuuuust kiddin) :)
Helps to be a head taller than everyone! :jsm:

Taiwan is NOT China, either. :blah:

Speaking of which, headed back out there in 30 hours! :koolaid: Have to put the INTERNATIONAL in "international man in leisure!"

Living abroad definitely has its benefits. Nationalized healthcare to start!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Helps to be a head taller than everyone! :jsm:

Taiwan is NOT China, either. :blah:

Speaking of which, headed back out there in 30 hours! :koolaid: Have to put the INTERNATIONAL in "international man in leisure!"

Living abroad definitely has its benefits. Nationalized healthcare to start!
Ok, I very well know that Tiawan is not China.....although those two billion Chinese cousins just across the strait might feel a little different.......

.......Et tu Brute? Nationalized healthcare? You been living next door to Nancy Pelosi too long.....:stickpoke

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Ok, I very well know that Tiawan is not China.....although those two billion Chinese cousins just across the strait might feel a little different.......

.......Et tu Brute? Nationalized healthcare? You been living next door to Nancy Pelosi too long.....:stickpoke
Trust me, when you dig your head out of the ground and look at the world around you, nationalized healthcare isn't so bad. Even for a man of leisure like yourself. Maybe the model won't ever make it to the USA, but when every step of the medical chain isn't looking to milk the next, you make a real nice system. Ask Mike (Indy) about his recent hospital stay (6 figures for a few days in the hospital simply being watched over).

I've gotten sick here (now in taiwan). See decent doctor, get prescription, walk to pharmacy, pay flat rate for any meds (like $10USD). The antibiotics were above the blue pills you might be familiar with. Things just work here.

Not that I just wanted to start a political battle but when you see it working first hand, it changes your perspective a little bit.

Back to topic at hand. Still love the 998R : (

Park it at the IOM for my annual visits in the near future?...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Trust me, when you dig your head out of the ground and look at the world around you, nationalized healthcare isn't so bad. Even for a man of leisure like yourself. Maybe the model won't ever make it to the USA, but when every step of the medical chain isn't looking to milk the next, you make a real nice system. Ask Mike (Indy) about his recent hospital stay (6 figures for a few days in the hospital simply being watched over).

I've gotten sick here (now in taiwan). See decent doctor, get prescription, walk to pharmacy, pay flat rate for any meds (like $10USD). The antibiotics were above the blue pills you might be familiar with. Things just work here.

Not that I just wanted to start a political battle but when you see it working first hand, it changes your perspective a little bit...

Well, excuuuuuuse me.......I'll continue to espouse self reliance and less governmental influence over my life......

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Well, excuuuuuuse me.......I'll continue to espouse self reliance and less governmental influence over my life......
lol. Just pulling your chain :stickpoke

Something I think we could both agree on. I can't believe the amount of taxes us as US citizens have to pay :blah:

We have a government that is more or less about self reliance and less government, but also requesting the most amount of money from us.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts