MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may know there are only 2 airworthy Lancasters in the world and the Canadian owned one has Flown to the UK recently
I went to RAF Waddington the other day to see them arrive together. They later flew off in formstion with the last airworthy Vulcan

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Excellent pics. I've seen that Vulcan flying over RAF Lakenheath. My aviation-nut coworker wouldn't shut up about it for weeks. Cool plane, though.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have had the privilege to see Vera, (AKA the Mynarski Memorial Lancaster) fly many times as well as get the tour at her home base, Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
I also got to see Vulcans fly a couple of times at Canadian National Air Shows back in the day.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I saw the BBMF Lanc beat up our airfield after hours one evening..I was on the ground checking out a little aeroplane . Only one other person at the airfield that I could see. The "Reaper" was repositioning after a days flying displays and the boys were having fun.
She had a Spit and a Hurricane so close in almost glued to her wing tips .
The formation aligned with runway 36 and banked hard running through in a knife edge at apprix xxx feet agl.
I could see the rivets...Then the circled and did it again.
The sound of the Merlins on song was spiritual.
Wont forget that evening..
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts