MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stopped by a watering hole the other day and even though the World Cup doesn't start for a while, all the Pubs here seem to be getting in the spirit early. I'm not a football fan myself (that's Soccer for our American friends) but I must admit to hoping England get past the opening rounds. :)

Raining here again today, :bawling: but I couldn't resist posting this shot when the sun made a brief appearance. Nothing to do with MV's though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I am a big football fan, love it watch live here our local stuff every weekend and watch Liverpool when ever I can, either in the pub or live, just a short Vomit comet ride to Liverpool....

Nice pics by the way

·
Registered
422 Posts
I originally moved to the US back in 1990 and one thing I miss the most is Football.

World Cup should be great this yr, can't wait for it to begin.

John,
If I recall Englands last victory was in 1966? Do you think they will do better this yr?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct Amer. 40 years ago since England won their one, and so far, only victory. I remember watching the game on a Black and White TV along with friends and neighbours. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm not a avid follower of the game these days but the England side does, I believe, stand as good a chance as they have ever done since '66. The usual 'big guns' Brazil, Italy, etc. will be the teams to beat. I hope it's an exciting competition and everyone who is going to Germany to watch the games has a good time. :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps an England - Germany final, like in '66 Manuel?? :naughty:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hmmm, but if you look at the repertoire, you will see, there only could be a quater-final game Germany-England... then you must look for the result of the quarterfinal game in Mexico 1970 :naughty:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Manuel, you know far more about the competition than I do. I don't even know which teams are playing in the same group as England. :eek: Will you be going to see any of the games yourself? :smoking:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Unfortunatelly, I didn´t get any tickets. The ticket lottery was such a :eek:nthecan: You have to pay in advance, even if you are not sure to get a ticket, and if not, they keep the handling fee (i think approx. 50 Euro)... :wtf:
Also, you can not give away the tickets (to friends or so); on every ticket, there is your name and passport number. Without matching names/numbers, you are not allowed to get in the stadium - so no chance to buy a ticket anywhere else.

fyi:
Group B:
England
Paraguay
Trinidad/ Tobago
Sweden

·
Registered
422 Posts
john said:
You are correct Amer. 40 years ago since England won their one, and so far, only victory. I remember watching the game on a Black and White TV along with friends and neighbours. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm not a avid follower of the game these days but the England side does, I believe, stand as good a chance as they have ever done since '66. The usual 'big guns' Brazil, Italy, etc. will be the teams to beat. I hope it's an exciting competition and everyone who is going to Germany to watch the games has a good time. :)

I can imagine Europe being one crazy town to be in for this tourney.

Manuel,

My $$$ are on Brazil. Been a fan of Brazilian soccer since I was 10. I got to watch the Semi finals here in the US when they played in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You are right, the Brazilian soccer is really great to watch. But it will help them nothing, when they loos against Germany in the final :devilsmok ;)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Manuel_F4 said:
Tiago, what about the Portuguese Team? ;)
I don't know....... they can do the best but they can also do the worse...
Anyway...... i hope they can get to the final and defeat Germany :king:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Started off with a rainbow shot, so I thought I'd put another one in!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts