MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Don't know what it is made from, but at my recent service the invoice showed 'Adesivo Sigilla Filtro Aria' at $22.57.

Part number #8000A2407 if any help at all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
agusta01 said:
Don't know what it is made from, but at my recent service the invoice showed 'Adesivo Sigilla Filtro Aria' at $22.57.

Part number #8000A2407 if any help at all
gOOgle translates that to 'Adhesive It seals Filter Air'

They pull the air filter at 1000km service? No big deal on a Jap bike as it is easy to get to, but on the MV?

I think I'll try Blackwoods during the week for the foil tape. on further looking TESA should make it. I'd expect a roll will last a lifetime of F4 ownership. Maybe I'll cut it into pieces and sell them on eBay :stickpoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
I believe that the filter is just cleaned and resealed, thats expensive tape though!

Have you any info on aftermarket air filters?

Just found the article by JamesC on BMC filters on his site, its excellent with great photos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been waiting for a price from someone who said they had leftovers from a group buy on another MV forum. Failing that Mladin's import BMC stuff, so no dramas to get it. Just interested how the prices compare.

Don't know if anyone else bothers making one. Air Filter thread didn't turn up any revelations. K&N don't list one. So I guess BMC it will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Steptoe said:
Been waiting for a price from someone who said they had leftovers from a group buy on another MV forum. Failing that Mladin's import BMC stuff, so no dramas to get it. Just interested how the prices compare.

Don't know if anyone else bothers making one. Air Filter thread didn't turn up any revelations. K&N don't list one. So I guess BMC it will be.
I have seen foil tape used for air ducts that looks like it will work. It is very shiney on one side just like tin foil however sticky on the other side. It comes in a roll in various widths. If you could get some 3" width tape it can eaisly be used to seal the air filter.

When I am at the construction store this week I will take a look and get the info as well as pick some up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
50mm or 2" would seem to be adequate.

I still struggle with the whole deal of pulling the bike into many many pieces to clean the filter. The price of beauty hey :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Just use normal Alu tape for home/industrial air ducting. Works great through all conditions in my experience and is very cheap. It is also indistingusihable from the factory tape save that it actually sticks to the entire airbox over the long term :) Take care when covering the little filter cage tabs as it's easy to split metal tapes at a crease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JamesC said:
... it actually sticks to the entire airbox over the long term :) Take care when covering the little filter cage tabs as it's easy to split metal tapes at a crease.
That'd be a change. Mine has filter oil stuck all over it. That and some holes in the said tabs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up buying a roll of TESA Aluminium Reinforced Tape 51495-48mmx50m.



Given that the plain Al foil tape, as fitted OEM tears easily around the filter clips, I thought I'd get the reinforced tape to alleviate that design flaw. Twas a hard economic decision, as it was over AUD$1 extra for the reinforcement ;)

Replacement filter tapes are For Sale at half MV retail price :stickpoke Apply within :toothless
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top