MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I'm new to the MV world, mostly owned Ducatis. I just purchased a 2004 MV Agusta F4 SPR and I was curious on what any opions are on the value of the bike. It is in really good shape and had 3,400 miles on it. I feel like I got a really good deal, did I?

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Based on what I recently sold my 2000 F4S for, considering its mileage and history, I'd say you did fine.

Are you happy with it? If so, who cares? Ride it and enjoy, and welcome.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why yes I am happy with it, I wouldnt have bought it if I didnt like it. I just an curious on what the going price is on these things. I unfortunatly dont know much about MV's and I couldnt find anything on KBB.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
How in the world did you pay that for the SPR? Stories?

Welcome and congrats, be sure to get yourself in the registry :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. MV's are worth what one person is willing to pay for it and another is willing to sell it for. Otherwise, they're worth MSRP.

You did great, but don't sweat it either way. If you love your bike it doesn't matter what someone else would have paid or sold it for. Watch out for the lowlifes telling you your bike is worth less. You did fine.

Good luck with it!

B

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well I was planning on buying a 2002 998 today and took a look at the bike and saw a few things I didnt like about it the the previous owner did. So I passed on it. I was driving down the road and saw this bike out in from a little hole in the wall bike shop. I just bought it today, and only put about 40 miles since, but it was a great bike. I like it! So I take it was worth it. :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
holy s#it! how did you get that SPR for that much!? you must have bought it from someone who didn't know what they had!! that thing's probably worth closer to $16k! lucky, lucky man. gorgeous bike and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks everyone, quick question for anyone that can answer it. I took all the bodywork off and put it all back on. Well now on the left side of the lower fairing near the kickstand seems to be contacting the rear wheel. did I do something wrong? I tried to figure out how to get it to pull away from the tire and I dont want to ride it with the fairing rubbing on the tire. Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well now on the left side of the lower fairing near the kickstand seems to be contacting the rear wheel. did I do something wrong?
It's common for the left side of the fairing to be closer to the wheel than the left I think. I thought I'd put mine on wrong until I looked at a couple of others. But it shouldn't be so close as to be touching. Did you have any difficulties with mounting the fairing further forward? Because the rear of the fairing isn't mounted to the frame, and incorrect fitting at the front often throws the alignment off. Make sure the lips on the inside of the side panelsare actually in front of the radiator, and not caught on the side of it. That'll throw the alignment off. You can also bend the dzus brackets slightly, but that can make things even harder for you. If the bellypan doesn't show signs of having rubbed the tyre before I'd say you musthave done something wrong.

I don't know US prices that well, but an SPR for that money seems like a total bargain. (Assuming it *is* an SPR and not just a regular one with SPR fairings.)

Si

PS. Nice collection of bikes. I have an 853cc 748S also. (With a ported and blue-printed top-end.)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
TheCatWhisperer said:
It's common for the left side of the fairing to be closer to the wheel than the left I think. I thought I'd put mine on wrong until I looked at a couple of others. But it shouldn't be so close as to be touching. Did you have any difficulties with mounting the fairing further forward? Because the rear of the fairing isn't mounted to the frame, and incorrect fitting at the front often throws the alignment off. Make sure the lips on the inside of the side panelsare actually in front of the radiator, and not caught on the side of it. That'll throw the alignment off. You can also bend the dzus brackets slightly, but that can make things even harder for you. If the bellypan doesn't show signs of having rubbed the tyre before I'd say you musthave done something wrong.

I don't know US prices that well, but an SPR for that money seems like a total bargain. (Assuming it *is* an SPR and not just a regular one with SPR fairings.)

Si

PS. Nice collection of bikes. I have an 853cc 748S also. (With a ported and blue-printed top-end.)

:wtf: Help my eyes... they hurt. :laughing: We know what you mean mate.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congratulation on your new bike!
I put:
- Brembo PR19x20 + SEMC bake pads : more power + feeling more constant
- Dunlop D208RR : I really didn't like the original dragon corsa
- Iridium plugs + BMC Air Filter : revs better
- RG3 + matching eeprom : revs better + way more torque between 4000rpm and 9000rpm
- PowerCommanderIII: not mapped yet
- Red paint... better looking... for me ;-)
Nice rides with your bike
mine's #101/300

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Help my eyes... they hurt. We know what you mean mate.
Heh.. yeah. Of course what I meant to say is East side of the bike versus the West side, but of course that depends on how you park! :) To be honest I can't remember which side is closer to the tyre than the other. I just know it's not symmetrical!

Si

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Ducatikid said:
Thanks! However as you can tell by my signature, I still do have more ducatis in the garage then MV's so once that changes we will work on the name! :)
OK Mr.Kid:
I too have more Ducatis than MVs, But, we're reaaaal sticky here! :) You gotta loose the moniker...:stickpoke Ducatis are kinda like going with an ugly woman....you'll do it if you have to, but you're not gonna be proud of it, and you're certainly not going to tell your buds. :smoking: Give up the ugly women!

Just kiddin...welcome aboard. You'll see the light.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard.

You stole that bike, it is worth closer to 16,000

What number is it. There will be a little gold plate on the top of the fork clamp. Only 300 were made.

CAG

1 - 20 of 31 Posts